Importing from SMF1.1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from SMF1.1.4

Merge import, SMF board used for over a year.
    Source - SMF 1.1.4
    Target - vBulletin 3.6.8

The modules run fine. 1 membergroup and 9 PMs failed to be imported. Before I can read the details of the error, I'm redirected to the page where I need to enter my customer number. After entering the number, I'm brought back to the main page of ImpEx.

When I go to the forums, it shows the correct number of threads and posts in the statistics. However, it shows 0 members and none of the imported boards appear.

I had this same problem. Go into your AdminCP for vBulletin and go look in the users section somewhere. It'll show you all your users, but they'll be in the wrong group or something. You have to move/merge them into "Registered Users"?

I know this isn't much help, but I can guarantee you what you're looking for is in the Users section of the admin CP

As for the boards, maybe they didn't import properly?

Comment

Thank you for your speedy reply.

The users end up being imported to a group called "Imported Users". I moved them to "Registered Users". I ran some Maintenance processes and the users and forums show up. However, the posts and threads disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjenxi View Post
        Thank you for your speedy reply.

The users end up being imported to a group called "Imported Users". I moved them to "Registered Users". I ran some Maintenance processes and the users and forums show up. However, the posts and threads disappeared.
        I just came back to tell you about the usergroup thing as I'm doing an import as I type this

I'll let you know about the forums in a second.

Comment

Odd, my forums just showed up by themselves.

Have you imported all your posts yet? Maybe try running the thread/post import modules again?

Comment

Somewhat related:

My main forum "The Lounge" had a display order ID of "0" (zero). I had to change it to 1 in order for it to show up. Check your forum manager section of the AdminCP and check to see if they're not all zeros. Long shot, but might as well check.

Comment

Also found this in the manual:

Forum cache

To rebuild the forum cache so your imported forums appear, go to your forum manager and save the display.

Comment

I was just about to post that as well. Rebuilding the forum cache works for me.

I'm still having some problems though. Not all the threads show up in the forums. It could be a problem with the filters for the forum display. I'm not sure. Trying to explore and learn the ropes of vbulletin

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

make sure your forums are set to show all posts, and descending order

Comment

Exactly. That does the trick. And indeed, set the "display all posts" option in vBulletin's options, also fill in the usergroup settings properly before importing. Also I found that sometimes moving the avatars and attachments storage type to the file-system fixes strange issues. Afterwards you can always reset the option to have attachments and avatars in your database.

And: imported users end up in a special "imported_users" group. You have to move all users to groups to your liking. After that, update all counters. And set the display of Avatars and signatures correctly in vBulletin options and in the user groups before updating the counters after an import.

I use SMF 1.1.3 and the import works great!
                      Wat You See Is What I Could Have Meant
                      D-DIG.NL -
                      Hèt trefpunt voor alles over digitale fotografie op internet... En meer!

Comment

Just did this all , works great, except none of the passwords work !

Comment

Please note that since SMF passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X