Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    You have to restore the database then set ImpExConfig to where you have restored it to :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...tabase_restore

Leave a comment:

• dtommy79
    replied
    Thanks again.

if I make a backup of my old forum's database, how should I go on with the importing? Do I have to upload the sql file to somewhere? and also how do I have to indicate the source datas in impexconfig.php?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    No, if there are conflicting usernames, one will be renamed.

Leave a comment:

• dtommy79
    replied
    Thanks. And one more question. Is it a problem if my admin username and password is the same as in the other (IPB) board?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    You need to install vBulletin first, and then upload the ImpEx files as well. You'll then see an ImpEx menu item in the AdminCP, from where you can import your data.

Leave a comment:

• dtommy79
    started a topic Moving and importing

Moving and importing

Hi,

I have the latest IPB board that I'D like to import. But at the same time I'm also moving my site to a different host. On this new site I'd like to run the vb board with all the datas from my ipb board. My question is how to do the importing? Shall i upload the vb files and the impex? Do I have to install the board first?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X