Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Imported Successfully, but not showing in the forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Imported Successfully, but not showing in the forum...

I tried to search on this issue, but it was hard to figure out a good search phrase to use.

I'm importing data from an older version of vBulletin to the new 3.6 on a new server. All the data transferred. My new forum shows that there are 100,000 posts, and shows the correct number of users. However, there is only one forum and it's empty. The member directory is also empty.

I feel like I missed a step. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I guess I'm still not getting it. I should really delete ImpEx before I know it's been successful? That's the key? The only other thing I see is something telling me to "save the display" and I really have no idea what that means. Also, something about counters, but again, I didn't get that far because I didn't go beyond deleting the Importer when it hadn't been successful.

Comment

No, you need to follow the instructions in that link. What specifically is the confusion?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

As I said, the first instruction is to delete the ImpEx files. My specific question is whether deleting the ImpEx files is advisable when the import does not seem to have been successful and whether you are telling me that the import can't complete without deleting them? I see a couple other instructions after deleting the ImpEx files. But again, I didn't want to delete ImpEx when it didn't seem like the import was successful.

Comment

Follow all the other instructions first.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Awesome. Thanks! That helped. I did the last instructions first. Not terribly clear, but it worked out in the end. Perhaps the deal about deleting the importer would be better placed at the end of the instructions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X