X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InfoNirvana
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharkman View Post
    It took me about 5 or 6 hours to rewrite and test the SQL in the importer for CS 2007, which handles users, forums, threads and posts -- although some of that time was spent managing numerous timeout issues with FastCGI under IIS. I'm guessing it will be another 4 to 8 hours to fix the HTML and the other remaining problems.
    Sharkman: do you have any suggestions for my import. I have a CS 2007 import to do as well. But I don't know much about this stuff.

Originally posted by 007 View Post
    I'm looking for a current version of the Community Server 2007 importer as well.
    Originally posted by DanaSoft View Post
    I'm looking to port over just threads and posts; we dont really have any PMs in the system. If you would be willing to help, I could provide a db.
    I am looking to migrate from Community Server .... any words of wisdom ?
    The CS site we have was archived by the webmaster .. he will send us the archive.
    The site we have currently is with GoDaddy (probably just MySQL).
    Will I have to upload the MS SQL to GoDaddy ... get a temporary MS SQL DB ... then run Impex on the GoDaddy site with vB on MySQL with a SQL connection to the CS database ?

All help appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Best contact me via the support system in the members area and I'll see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• DanaSoft
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Not as yet, I have an older version 1 MySQL example, though not a MSSQL 2007 version.
    I'm looking to port over just threads and posts; we dont really have any PMs in the system. If you would be willing to help, I could provide a db.

We spent $3,500 on a license and 6 months of developer work to get the new site launched and I accomplished more in just a day with $500 of vB licenses and skins. What a piece of crap this system is.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Not as yet, I have an older version 1 MySQL example, though not a MSSQL 2007 version.

Leave a comment:

• DanaSoft
    replied
    MSSQL you mean ? and yes a lot of imports do that, though you must have MSSQL and MySQL support in the PHP build that is running impex.
    Okay, thanks. As far as getting CS2007 converted; were you able to get a database to work from for an importer?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by DanaSoft View Post
    Can the source db be SQL and the destination be MySQL? I also want to migrate from CS2007 to vB, but need to get all of my content over first.
    MSSQL you mean ? and yes a lot of imports do that, though you must have MSSQL and MySQL support in the PHP build that is running impex.

Leave a comment:

• DanaSoft
    replied
    That last update I did was for version 2, to support 2007 I'd need to see the source database.
    Can the source db be SQL and the destination be MySQL? I also want to migrate from CS2007 to vB, but need to get all of my content over first.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    That last update I did was for version 2, to support 2007 I'd need to see the source database.

Leave a comment:

• sprattgraham
    replied
    Is there support for CS 2007 yet?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by 007 View Post
    I'm looking for a current version of the Community Server 2007 importer as well. How long does it generally take to create a new import script?
    Doesn't take me long at all, I will be updating this one now. It all depends on the version changes.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkman
    replied
    It took me about 5 or 6 hours to rewrite and test the SQL in the importer for CS 2007, which handles users, forums, threads and posts -- although some of that time was spent managing numerous timeout issues with FastCGI under IIS. I'm guessing it will be another 4 to 8 hours to fix the HTML and the other remaining problems.
    Last edited by Sharkman; Thu 29th Nov '07, 8:17pm.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I'm looking for a current version of the Community Server 2007 importer as well. How long does it generally take to create a new import script?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The standard back up would be best due to the MSSQL server I test and dev on, the best way is to create the back up archive it then host it some where and start a support ticket here in the members area, ask for me and send the link or download details to it.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkman
    replied
    Sure, I'm happy to send you a copy of the test database. If you have SQL Litespeed, the backup file is about 1.5GB, otherwise it's probably around 2GB for a standard backup. What's the best way to get that to you?

I can also send the version of the communityserver package that I've modified, and that's now working, if you're interested. If you're not familiar with CS, some of the queries are a little messy....

I will keep plugging away at it myself while you have a look at it. Any suggestions you might have on the HTML questions I posted earlier would be especially helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The importer was written for 2.0 as displayed by the importer. With out access to newer versions or test data I can't update the importer.

The best way I could help is if you are willing to share a copy of the database I could update the importer to the 2007/3.0 version if that is the latest.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X