No announcement yet.

Community Server Import Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as yet, I have an older version 1 MySQL example, though not a MSSQL 2007 version.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      Not as yet, I have an older version 1 MySQL example, though not a MSSQL 2007 version.
      I'm looking to port over just threads and posts; we dont really have any PMs in the system. If you would be willing to help, I could provide a db.

We spent $3,500 on a license and 6 months of developer work to get the new site launched and I accomplished more in just a day with $500 of vB licenses and skins. What a piece of crap this system is.

Comment

Best contact me via the support system in the members area and I'll see what I can do.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkman View Post
          It took me about 5 or 6 hours to rewrite and test the SQL in the importer for CS 2007, which handles users, forums, threads and posts -- although some of that time was spent managing numerous timeout issues with FastCGI under IIS. I'm guessing it will be another 4 to 8 hours to fix the HTML and the other remaining problems.
          Sharkman: do you have any suggestions for my import. I have a CS 2007 import to do as well. But I don't know much about this stuff.

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          I'm looking for a current version of the Community Server 2007 importer as well.
          Originally posted by DanaSoft View Post
          I'm looking to port over just threads and posts; we dont really have any PMs in the system. If you would be willing to help, I could provide a db.
          I am looking to migrate from Community Server .... any words of wisdom ?
          The CS site we have was archived by the webmaster .. he will send us the archive.
          The site we have currently is with GoDaddy (probably just MySQL).
          Will I have to upload the MS SQL to GoDaddy ... get a temporary MS SQL DB ... then run Impex on the GoDaddy site with vB on MySQL with a SQL connection to the CS database ?

All help appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X