Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing wordpress blog to Vblog

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Importing wordpress blog to Vblog

    Hi,

    After searching the forum I think I found out that it is possible to import all of post in a wordpress blog into Vblog (as admin only) via Impex, correct?

    I have some questions regarding this issue:

    1. Is there any manual for Impex that describes how to do this procedure (importing from Wordpress)?

    2. What happens to the photos and youtube-videos in my wordpress blog? Will photos be imported as well? The youtube videos were put by embed-code into Wordpress but I have a mod in Vbulletin for putting them in to forum. Do I have to go and edit every of these videos?

    3. In my wordpress blog there are 2 users who have been posting. These 2 users exists in my Vb-forum as well. Will the posts be imported exactly as they ar in WP-blog written by these users?

    I appreciate your help answering these questions.

    Regards

  • #2
    Anyone who could help me to answer these questions?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pasargad View Post
      1. Is there any manual for Impex that describes how to do this procedure (importing from Wordpress)?
      The install for ImpEx is the same for all source systems, just choose the blog during the source and target selection.

      Originally posted by pasargad View Post
      2. What happens to the photos and youtube-videos in my wordpress blog? Will photos be imported as well? The youtube videos were put by embed-code into Wordpress but I have a mod in Vbulletin for putting them in to forum. Do I have to go and edit every of these videos?
      That will depend on the embedded code, and if they are hosted or linked too.

      Originally posted by pasargad View Post
      3. In my wordpress blog there are 2 users who have been posting. These 2 users exists in my Vb-forum as well. Will the posts be imported exactly as they ar in WP-blog written by these users?
      You will be able to merge them during the import.
      I wrote ImpEx.

      Blog | Me

      Comment

      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X