phpBB2 import keeps failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB2 import keeps failing

We're having trouble importing a phpbb 2.21 forum to vBulletin 3.6.8. The importer is only able to retrieve about 360,000 of the 1,352,655 posts stored in the site. It also fails to import several users into the vBulletin database.

I've attempted repairing the phpBB database to see if that helps. I've taken the database server down and down a myisamchk -r on the database files. However the problem persists exactly the same.

I've even tried running the import on different servers. php5 & MySQL5 versus the current php4 & mysql4 server. (both meet vBulletin 3.6.8 compatibility requirements)

You'll note when you go to the forum there are several forums with post dates noted as year 1970, invalid users "0" and these sub-forums contain no accessible threads/posts. I'm assuming this is because those posts are contained in the range of those not properly imported as noted in the first paragraph.

I've submitted a support ticket about this issue. But I'm posting a thread here to bring to the attention of the appropriate person. (usually Jerry if I'm correct)

Thanks alot

How does the it stop after the 360 or so ?

A PHP error or maybe it finishes the module and thinks that it's done ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      How does the it stop after the 360 or so ?

A PHP error or maybe it finishes the module and thinks that it's done ?
      It just stops at 360 and claims it's successfully imported with no errors/failures reported. I tried turning debug on and it didn't spit any errors out.

But I see you've caught my support ticket now and are on the case.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X