Error on first step of ImpEx, importing 3.6 into new 3.6 forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on first step of ImpEx, importing 3.6 into new 3.6 forum

I am trying to create a test copy of a forum by setting up a brand new forum and then using ImpEx to copy over the data. Both the source and target forums are using version 3.6.0

On the first step of ImpEx I get the following error and it doesn't not give me any options to cancel or continue.

adv_
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method ImpExDisplayWrapper:rint_redirect_001() in /home/palmet5/public_html/testvb/forums/impex/systems/vb_36/001.php on line 114
    How do I get around this error?

Thanks

Do you need to import from a backup?

When I want to make a dev version of our forum to work on upgrades, I litterally just copy the database (using phpmyadmin or mysqldump from the command line) and files, then change the settings and go - no faffing with backups etc

Comment

Originally posted by TimIgoe View Post
      Do you need to import from a backup?

When I want to make a dev version of our forum to work on upgrades, I litterally just copy the database (using phpmyadmin or mysqldump from the command line) and files, then change the settings and go - no faffing with backups etc
      That would be the ideal way.

The error above comes from having missing files typically.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

For some reason my phpmyadmin isn't woring. Is there another way to copy a database without downloading it and then trying to re-upload it?

Comment

The only consistently reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. This is because backing up with a PHP script like that in the Admin CP or phpMyAdmin can result in PHP timeout errors and an incomplete backup file.

Please see the instructions here:

Backup:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

If you don't have telnet or SSH access, some people have reported success with these scripts:

MySQLDumper:
          http://www.mysqldumper.de/en/index.php

MySQLHotxcopy:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t=mysqlhotcopy

Bigdump (restore only):
          http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK I will look into those options. Although I have to say this doesn't bode well that I can'tuse ImpEx. The purpose of creating this backup/test copy is to try and merge two forums together on a non-live forum.

If I can't even use ImpEx to import a copy of the database will I be able to use it to merge in the other fourm?

Comment

This has nothing to do with Impex. You need to have a valid database to import.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                This has nothing to do with Impex. You need to have a valid database to import.
                What do you mean "valid"? The database I am importing is alive and working as we speak, all 200+megs of her.

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyKGB View Post
                  What do you mean "valid"? The database I am importing is alive and working as we speak, all 200+megs of her.
                  I was going by your post here:
                  Originally posted by TeddyKGB View Post
                  For some reason my phpmyadmin isn't woring. Is there another way to copy a database without downloading it and then trying to re-upload it?
                  If you are not backing up and restoring the database, then what are you using phpMyAdmin for?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ahh I see the confusion. I was responding the post right above it where someone suggested using phpmyadmin to copy the database. The database is working fine just the phpmyadmin user interface isn't.

I'll give bigdump a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X