Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with impex

Hi, all

just a quick ? I want to do the import from a .sql file not from a database. would I set the sourceexist to false? and how or where would I put the sourcefile info at? Also what dir would the .sql file have to be uploaded to? If you need more info let me know. Will be happy to give more.

Thank you to all that give their time to help us that need it.

jaffy

You can't import from an .sql file. You will need to restore that to a real database to do the import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...tabase_restore
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Well, shucks....I guess I misread the manual. The issue that i have is that the site i am working on was hacked. The old database was destroyed. I have an old backup for 3.5.0 and wanted to import it into the 3.6.8 to get most of the data back. The problem is that,

1. the attachments are to large to insert into a datamase. Even with bigdump it still times out on the attachments. ( can take the attachments out and import to database with no problem)

2. when I import everything but the attachments the forums and posts do not show up in the forum even though it says it imported with no errors.

maybe I am not able to do this in this manner? or doing something incorrectly?

Thank you

Comment

Restoring the 3.5.0 and upgrading would be the way to deal with that I'd say.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

ya thats what I thought but cant get the attachments into the database. tried bigdump, MyphpAdmin as well. any Ideas would be appritiated.

jaffy

Comment

Originally posted by jaffy View Post
              ya thats what I thought but cant get the attachments into the database. tried bigdump, MyphpAdmin as well. any Ideas would be appritiated.

jaffy
              So the attachments are from the 3.6.x database and you have the 3.5.0 SQL back up but not the 3.5.0 attachments back up ?

I'm trying to understand why your trying to put the attachments into the database ?
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                So the attachments are from the 3.6.x database and you have the 3.5.0 SQL back up but not the 3.5.0 attachments back up ?

I'm trying to understand why your trying to put the attachments into the database ?

np.. I am trying to restore the 3.5.0 database into 3.5.0 vb on another server, so after I perfect the methode then I can do it for real on the main site. then I will upgrade it to the 3.6.8, at least that is what I am trying to do so at least some of the site would be back up. The site was 3.5.5 but then it was hacked and the some of the 3.5.5 datbase was destroyed by the hackers. I have a copy of the 3.5.0 from the last time I upgraded. Wont be current but cant do anything else. The only issue is that when trying to ul the db it times out on the attachment part of the db. maybe i am going about it wrong, but this is all I can think of to do.

thank you

jaffy

Comment

correction,,,,,,I was trying to get the 3.5.0 up and then use impex to import the db to the 3.6.8. but couldnt ul with the attachments. But tryied to impex the 3.5.0 to the 3.6.8, but the forums wouldnt show in vb or the admincp even though the impex said it imported the forums.

Comment

If it's a big database then command line is the way to go :

Then upgrade from there.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      If it's a big database then command line is the way to go :

Then upgrade from there.

will try that, thank you for the help.

jaffy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X