getting there slowly

Total Attachments 23,629
    Disk Space Used 29.61 GB

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    Total Attachments 19,119
    Disk Space Used 23.29 GB

still going - gonna stick with this and see how long it takes to move 30 gigs of attachments set at 2 at a time.

what other data am i going to lose ?

Thread views etc not to bothered about them

EDIT

Total Attachments 19,937
    Disk Space Used 24.38 GB
    Last edited by lasto; Sun 28 Oct '07, 1:25pm.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    There isn't much "LOL" about it, I'm quite happy that it's still running, proves the stability if anything !

Taking out the hacks you had put in would of been a lot quicker and the preferred method opposed to using ImpEx to clean it up as you are going to loose all kinds of other data that ImpEx doesn't import as well.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    and its still going on LOL

66.67% Attachment -> Fearless.rar
    66.67% Attachment -> Shrek3.rar

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    nearly 24 hrs later

Total Attachments 5,735
    Disk Space Used 6.19 GB

its got to go to 33 gig

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    well from this morning to now stats aint changed much - at this rate it will take about another week to do the attachments.

Total Attachments 3,246
    Disk Space Used 2.80 GB

and here it is again

Importing 2

66.67% Attachment -> EFNY Preview.jpg
    66.67% Attachment -> Escape From New York.rar
    Last edited by lasto; Wed 17 Oct '07, 2:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    well heres hoping - left it running overnight last night and it still doing the attachments but must admit its very slow.

Total Attachments 2,952
    Disk Space Used 2.64 GB

is what it has moved so far - there is 26,000 of them in total so may take some time unless it crashes out while im at work today.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    ive decided to scrap this idea and just import the attachments to the threads manually.
    Is over 4000 threads to do so will take some time doing them but at least i know the attachments will get there fine.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can delete any extra tables from hacks (assuming these are not default vB tables of course.) That hardly requires any effort at all.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by lasto View Post
    Such as extra tables from hacks that have been previously installed so it wont be a fresh board as any of these tables can throw up errors.
    If a table is not being accessed anymore then it shouldn't be able to throw errors. However you can compare your installation with the tables in installs/mysql-schema.php for 3.6.8 and delete any extraneous fields or tables from the database. That is actually the preferred method. ImpEx is not an upgrade tool nor is it "database cleaning" tool.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    so basically what u saying is upgrade my old board to 3.6.8 as it be a lot easier but you must admit if i do that it will still leave a lot of crap in the database which is redundant and no longer needed from old hacks.

Such as extra tables from hacks that have been previously installed so it wont be a fresh board as any of these tables can throw up errors.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Threads merged.

33 gig ........ *thinks*

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I've run PHP at 512 Meg for large imports, the attachment is being read it memory to be written to the vBulletin file store or database.

The only thing is either lower the per page even more or raise the memory, or do it on another server, move the attachments to the database then move the database and restore it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You have a 33GB attachment table - that's why. You are going to need tons of memory and time. And even your last change did not take hold because your server is still only allowing 32M.

I do not know how to make this work. The recommended method is to upgrade. Impex was not designed for this. Maybe Jerry will have some further thoughts, but in the meantime you need to investigate why your server refuses to allocate more memory.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X