No announcement yet.

Able to cont Impex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry steve ive already done that today.

here is the stats after i edited config file
    PHP Memory Limit 128.00 MB

so i try again - Failed :: Attachment not imported
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2538179 bytes) in /impex/ImpExFunction.php on line 180

so as you can see increasing the PHP memory limit has no effect on it at all.

Comment

This means that your server is not recognizzing this change. I'm afraid you are going to need to ask your host to change this directly in php.ini, then restart Apache.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

im on a dedicated i can do it myself.
        It is recognized because it says so in admincp stats whihc i posted above

i will restart apache now and see what happens

PHP Memory Limit 128.00 MB

Comment

kk here goes i changed a few setting as u can see

PHP 5.2.4
          PHP Max Post Size 50.00 MB
          PHP Maximum Upload Size 50.00 MB
          PHP Memory Limit 256.00 MB
          MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard
          MySQL Packet Size 8.00 MB

and restarted apache and still same error - how much memory does this program actually want

Failed :: Attachment not imported
          Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2538179 bytes) in admincp/impex/ImpExFunction.php on line 180

Comment

This error clealy shows that your server is not uing 128M:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted

Also are you still using Impex instead of upgrading as we recommended?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i cant upgrade because for the simple reason after upgrading 3.5.4 to 3.6.8 the board has quite a few bugs so am getting everything of use to a new board on the same server so i can kill off the old one.

also upgrading would not remove any hacks that are in the database would it so why would i want to upgrade a board that has hacks from a few yrs back.

Impex does other boards so why not its own

Comment

You have a 33GB attachment table - that's why. You are going to need tons of memory and time. And even your last change did not take hold because your server is still only allowing 32M.

I do not know how to make this work. The recommended method is to upgrade. Impex was not designed for this. Maybe Jerry will have some further thoughts, but in the meantime you need to investigate why your server refuses to allocate more memory.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I've run PHP at 512 Meg for large imports, the attachment is being read it memory to be written to the vBulletin file store or database.

The only thing is either lower the per page even more or raise the memory, or do it on another server, move the attachments to the database then move the database and restore it.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Threads merged.

33 gig ........ *thinks*
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

so basically what u saying is upgrade my old board to 3.6.8 as it be a lot easier but you must admit if i do that it will still leave a lot of crap in the database which is redundant and no longer needed from old hacks.

Such as extra tables from hacks that have been previously installed so it wont be a fresh board as any of these tables can throw up errors.

Comment

Originally posted by lasto View Post
                        Such as extra tables from hacks that have been previously installed so it wont be a fresh board as any of these tables can throw up errors.
                        If a table is not being accessed anymore then it shouldn't be able to throw errors. However you can compare your installation with the tables in installs/mysql-schema.php for 3.6.8 and delete any extraneous fields or tables from the database. That is actually the preferred method. ImpEx is not an upgrade tool nor is it "database cleaning" tool.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You can delete any extra tables from hacks (assuming these are not default vB tables of course.) That hardly requires any effort at all.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ive decided to scrap this idea and just import the attachments to the threads manually.
                            Is over 4000 threads to do so will take some time doing them but at least i know the attachments will get there fine.

Comment

well heres hoping - left it running overnight last night and it still doing the attachments but must admit its very slow.

Total Attachments 2,952
                              Disk Space Used 2.64 GB

is what it has moved so far - there is 26,000 of them in total so may take some time unless it crashes out while im at work today.

Comment

well from this morning to now stats aint changed much - at this rate it will take about another week to do the attachments.

Total Attachments 3,246
                                Disk Space Used 2.80 GB

and here it is again

Importing 2

66.67% Attachment -> EFNY Preview.jpg
                                66.67% Attachment -> Escape From New York.rar
                                Last edited by lasto; Wed 17 Oct '07, 2:17pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X