Import Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Issue

I'm having some trouble importing to v3.6.8 from PHPBB3 RC5.
    • Type of import (clean or merge).
    Fresh VB install, importing from existing PHPBB3 RC5 install with minimal forums/posts.
    • Source board system and version.
    PHPBB v3 RC5
    • Target version.
    • Module issue occurred on.
    Module #4
    • Any SQL error reported.
    Importing 250 Users

Invalid, skipping. Failed on : email
    Failed :: User not imported
    21.82% User -> IRodarte
    21.82% User -> JCastaldo
    21.82% User -> TBecerra
    21.82% User -> JWhite
    21.82% User -> RAyala
    29.09% User -> CDavison
    21.82% User -> MBelloso
    21.82% User -> DDuran
    21.82% User -> CEleazar
    21.82% User -> TMullinax

There seems to have been a problem with the database.
    ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: DESCRIBE userfield field4mysql error: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_5a8_0.MYI' (Errcode: 17)mysql error number: 1Date: Wednesday 10th 2007f October 2007 11:23:08 AMDatabase: etdMySQL error:
    Thoughts?
    -Lyle

The users are failing as they don't have and email address which is required in vBulletin, you could edit the source database to give them a fake or temporary one.

The MySQL error is a sysadmin issues as that error just means the file exists.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ahh.. I think this may be the bots that are default in PHPBB? Does it stop after a certain amount of users then?
      -Lyle

Comment

Ok, I've started again, and just deleted the Search BOTS that are included with PHPBB3. I get to the same spot, and it only processes like 20 users, then dies with that same error.
        ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: DESCRIBE userfield field2
        mysql error: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_5a8_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)
        mysql error number: 1
        Date: Wednesday 10th 2007f October 2007 12:33:25 PM
        Database: etd
        MySQL error:
        I'm kinda confused as to why if its a file error problem as you've indicated
        The MySQL error is a sysadmin issues as that error just means the file exists.
        then why do any of the users import at all? I watch the temp directory to see if the file is created, and it does get created, but then disappears quickly. So to me, it does appear that it is creating the file. Anything else I can check?
        -Lyle

Comment

Originally posted by ldove View Post
          Ahh.. I think this may be the bots that are default in PHPBB? Does it stop after a certain amount of users then?
          Not too sure what you mean by stop, though I would have a look at the source database and see who are the users with no email address as they are the ones that ImpEx will not import.

Originally posted by ldove View Post
          Ok, I've started again, and just deleted the Search BOTS that are included with PHPBB3. I get to the same spot, and it only processes like 20 users, then dies with that same error.

I'm kinda confused as to why if its a file error problem as you've indicated

then why do any of the users import at all? I watch the temp directory to see if the file is created, and it does get created, but then disappears quickly. So to me, it does appear that it is creating the file. Anything else I can check?
          I would check the MySQL error log and send your a ISP a email asking what's going on as that's really a system error as it's something that MySQL is doing not ImpEx or vBulletin directly.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            The users are failing as they don't have and email address which is required in vBulletin, you could edit the source database to give them a fake or temporary one.
            I am trying to import from my current 3.6.8 PL2 to a fresh 3.6.8 PL2 to return the board back to stock.

I am losing a little over 500 of my members due to this invalid email error. How exactly can I give those members on my board without a valid email address a valid one (a fake/temp email) so that the import can proceed without a hitch?

Is there some way to search through the database and find these users with invalid emails? I'm not too concerned with any that have a 0 post count, I don't want to lose any regular members. Naturally I would prefer not to lose ANY members. I am not sure how to find out exactly which users are not being imported, the screen flashes by so fast I can barely see more than the fact there is an error.

Would setting the impex config file to log errors to true give me a list of the specific users?
            Last edited by tm21; Fri 30 May '08, 2:11pm.

Comment

a few hours later...

I found a manual, if tedious solution. It turns out that almost all of the users without email addresses were in the admin banned usergroup. I don't much care about those with 0 posts, so I pruned about 75% of the problems right there.

By doing a search of users, and arranging the results by email, all the users with no email addresses pop up first. After pruning all users with no email and 0 post count, I opened each of the remaining profiles in separate tabs (thank you snaplinks) and manually added a fake email to their profiles.

Incidentially, I wish there was a way to stop the current import module in impex without having to delete the entire session. You can interrupt an import, but when you go back to import it just resumes where you left off. With tens of thousands of members, and several times that in posts it is tedious waiting for the import to finish if it starts throwing errors.

Comment

This is an old phpBB3 thread, if you want help check out the posting rules and start your own thread.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161907

Also ImpEx is not for "cleaning a board", that is not what it's designed for or it's main purpose is, the only reason there is a vBulletin module is for merge imports.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X