Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    It can be done, ImpEx works fine for it as vBulletin -> vBulletin is supported for merge imports, it's just with 33 Gigs of attachments, it can take a while !

Leave a comment:

• Removed-1078464
    replied
    Ya know guys, I'm just adding my two cents here, but I really think that Lastos reason for using IMPEX this way is a great idea, and regardless of wheather or not IMPEX was designed to work this way or not I think that Jelsoft should really look into and at least consider updating IMPEX to do that function normally without any issues. Now I dont neccessarily agree with such different versions of Vbulletin like Lastos is trying to do and should at least try and upgrade so both boards match version numbers, but at least matching version numbers of Vbulletin I feel should be able to accomplish this functionality.

Having IMPEX do this without bugs or issues would allow board owners that have added alot of customizations or modifications over time to their boards to be able move all their users, groups, threads, posts, attachements, and other important data minus the hacks, and modifcations, over to a freshly installed copy of Vbulletin and then scrap the old board.

But overall an excellent idea if I say so myself.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by lasto View Post
    yep i removed the import ids.But i have about 20 groups of usergroups which i should`nt so i done the only thing i could and that is wipe the database and start afresh
    That is the case, once you remove the import id's you have to start again as ImpEx doesn't know what is imported data and what isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This error means:

MySQL error: 127 = Record-file is crashed

To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot open your Admin CP then you can repair tables with phpMyAdmin.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    impexing attachments - it went to nearly 3000 odd and then this popped up

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM attachment ORDER BY attachmentid LIMIT 4250,250

mysql error: Got error 127 from storage engine

mysql error number: 1030

Date: Friday 12th of October 2007 03:22:20 PM
    Database:
    MySQL error: Got error 127 from storage engine

its not disk space as check this

dev/hda5 142G 74G 62G 55% /

used 74 got 62 left (attachments take up 33 gig)
    Last edited by lasto; Fri 12 Oct '07, 11:56am.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    yep i removed the import ids.But i have about 20 groups of usergroups which i should`nt so i done the only thing i could and that is wipe the database and start afresh

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    got a weird problem - i cleaned userids so i can start again
    What do you mean cleaned ? Do you mean you removed the import ids ?

Also steve upgrading instead of using impex is sometimes not an option.People like to have a fresh start every so often.
    Yes this does happen, though we're just reaffirming that this isn't the primary reason ImpEx was made for, though it can be a last option for people that have tried to upgrade and can't etc.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    got a weird problem - i cleaned userids so i can start again but now i got something like 500 odd forums when i should have about 10
    the rest are just copies of them and selecting

Delete Session and all imported data
    To delete the import session and all imported data for a clean retry, click here.

it dont seem to do anything - cause all the forums are still there.

Also steve upgrading instead of using impex is sometimes not an option.People like to have a fresh start every so often.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I throught this is what Impex was made for ?
    ImpEx was made to supercede the vB2 import scripts to give customers a way of migrating data from other systems to vBulletin, the vBulletin->vBulletin importer was designed for people merging boards or for people who had to import as they couldn't upgrade for a show stopping reason.

It wasn't designed for people to clean up their boards, though it occasionally gets used for that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I said that is not a recommended or supported use of Impex. I also gave you a suggestion to try. Did you try it?

And no, I do not know of any easier way to do this since you are using Impex instead of upgrading as recommended.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    so your saying that I cant use impex to take members/posts/threads and attachments from vbull 3.5.4 to vbull 3.6.8 ?

I throught this is what Impex was made for ?

As for my attachments all i stated above is that they are already stored in the file system so are not in the database so just wanted to know an easier way to make them attach to threads on new board without having to copy 33 gigs of attachments once again.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Using Impex in this way is not recommended or supported. Sorry.

Having said that, this may be a server time and/or memory limit. To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);
    ini_set("max_execution_time", "800");

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    the help on this board is absolute zero - and you wonder why people ask the wrong questions on vb.org.

Leave a comment:

• lasto
    replied
    because giving board a fresh start and killing off some stuff in database dont want.
    So just grabbing members/Posts/Threads and attachments.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Why are you using ImpEx between vBulletin versions and not upgrading ?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X