Impex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex

Need some information if possible please.

Here is what i have done.

I have set up a copy of my orginal board and imported using impex everything i needed except attachments (as these take longer) now i have added a few needed products to the board but this was last week.
    Since then my main board has had a lot of new members + posts/threads etc and im wondering if im fine just to import them back over the top and then run the counters again.

As for attachments think i may of hit a problem
    As on new board i have some pics as test attachments but i also need to grab all the attachments from the old board which are stored in the filesystem so how will i get the 2 to combine.

Any help is appreciated.

well i went ahead and done the import over the top of the old import and everything looks ok and ive even done every option on the update counters link yet posts/threads number is not updating as before i done it,there was 113000 odd then when i imported them the importer said it done over 115000 odd but after updating counters threads/posts stats are exactly the same.

Comment

so far my import went well but all avatars are not showing because

Help Avatar Manager Page 1 of 104
      Minimum Posts: 0
      - - (uncategorized) - -

they all in that section - is the only way for me to get them back is to go though each one edit it and press save - is there not an easier way.

I would`nt even know they where there as going in avatar manager only 2 show up and i have to press `show all avatars` to see them.

Comment

am i posting on the wrong board here or what ?
        if i posted this on vb.org they would say wrong board yet no help available on this board.

Comment

can two forums share the same attachment folder ?

reason im askin is this

my attachments are stored in a folder on the ftp - and the backup forum is set to use another folder.Now the backup forum i was thinking of setting it to the same folder as the main one and then impex the attachments from old board so this way they would`nt have to be written again as they would all basically already be in same folder thus saving time on copying them elsewhere.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't understand posts 1-4. However there is nothing in vB that would allow two separate forums to share the same attachment folder and it is very likely you would run into massive problems if you tried this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

they are not 2 different forums - the second one is just a new board which im importing all the stuff from the old board.
              In total attachments take up 33 gigs and i dont have 33 gigs for it to impex them across to a new folder so whats the option ?

Comment

Originally posted by lasto View Post
                they are not 2 different forums - the second one is just a new board which im importing all the stuff from the old board.
                Sorry, I don't undertstand since your question was this:

Originally posted by lasto View Post
                can two forums share the same attachment folder ?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

kk here i go in english hopefully

i have my main board but its buggy so i need to set up a new one using Impex
                  So i have set up a new forum with no posts etc so i import all threads/posts etc from old forum and then i get to attachments which is 33 gigs and are stored in the filesystem so i want to know if i can just change the new board i have set up to move attachments from the database into the folder where my 33 gigs of stuff is kept and then do impex and it will find my attachments without having to copy all of them to a fresh folder.

Comment

Maybe this is what you need: How Do I Change the Location of Attachments After a Server Move

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

nope its not but thanks steve.

Anyway my problem is bigger now - i imported the attachments into the same folder thinking it would just overwrite what was already there but it has`nt.
                      So my 33 gig folder of attachments is now 66 gigs.
                      How do i solve this problem as i dont have enough space left on drive and cant delete any attachments as i dont know which are which now.

Comment

Sorry then, I really don't understand what you are asking or what you have done.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i throught i could cheat and when impexing my attachments i told it the path - but the path was the same location as the orginal attachment folder (stored in filesystem)
                          So after it had impexed them all i throught it would of just overwrote them but it never it renumbered them.So now i have an attachment folder with 66 gigs of attachments instead of 33 gigs with no way of knowing what to delete to get soem space back.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X