Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything worked except

My forum is located at: http://www.sydneybrotherhood.com/forums/index.php

As you can see everything worked. The forums were imported, the users were imported, the threads and replies were imported.

What was not imported was the author of the threads and replies. They're blank.

How do I fix this?

Your users either were not imported or something happened with this import. What are you importing from?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161907
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        Your users either were not imported or something happened with this import. What are you importing from?
        I imported from phpBB2.

But as you can see, the users were imported. The threads and replies were also imported. They just aren't attributed to their author.

Comment

Please provide all the info Jerry requested in the link he posted.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you are posting here to report an issue with an importer please include the following information to help us diagnose what is going on and help you :
            • Type of import (clean or merge). A clean import is into an empty board, a merge is a board that has data, also if a merged import if there was any previous imports.
            • Source board system and version.
            • Target version.
            • Module issue occurred on.
            • Any SQL error reported.
            >>>>>

I would consider this as a clean import, but the very fact that you have to install vBulletin might make it a merge???? I'm unsure.

The source was from phpBB2

Target version is vBulletin 3.6.8.

Wouldn't have a clue what the Module issue thing is.

I have attached the impex screen shot to this message.

>>>>>>>

Another complaint I have is that when I imported all the users, they were put into the ACTIVE IMPORTED USERS.

So that there is a really bad thing, because people might login and have a message: YOU'RE BANNED.

That is great.... not.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SydneyBrothers View Post
              Another complaint I have is that when I imported all the users, they were put into the ACTIVE IMPORTED USERS.

So that there is a really bad thing, because people might login and have a message: YOU'RE BANNED.

That is great.... not.
              That is because you did not follow the instructions the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

I just checked and the posts and users seem synched now. Didd you redo the import?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I would guess the clean up link that Steve posted will cover 99% of it.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X