Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex Problem - Blank Page

Greetings all,

I am using IMPEX to create a clean database. This is the easiest way for me to clean up the database as I have ran vBulletin for 5 years and have had several mods installed, some which modify the database.

At any rate, here is my problem. I am importing a vBulletin 3.6.8 database into a 3.6.8 database.

Everything went without a hitch until I got to the Private Messages. I used the default of 2000 PMs at a time, and I went to bed last night when the script was processing 38000 - 40000. I do not know at what point that it failed, but this morning it was sitting on a blank screen. If I click Import now, all I get is a blank screen.

Please help.

I have already imported 800,000+ posts without a problem, not sure whats going on with PMs.

I will also say that I do not see how my forum has 38,000+ PMs. I only have 27,000 users, and there is a limit of about 400 PMs per the majority of the users, (except mods and admins)

Thanks

Does the target vBulletin work ?

Are you running stand alone or installed ?

What are the PHP errors reported ?
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

After this problem, the target vBulletin still works.

Not sure what your asking about being stand alone or installed ?

And how do I check for PHP errors?

Comment

Originally posted by svtsnake01 View Post
        Not sure what your asking about being stand alone or installed ?
        In the admincp or on it's own.

Originally posted by svtsnake01 View Post
        And how do I check for PHP errors?
        The PHP error logs, depends on your host as to where they are or if you have access to them.

If it is the last page it might be the updating the PM count that is timing out or has crashed the import some how.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I ran it via Admin CP.... Would it be advisable to run it on its own with a forum this size?

Its a dedicated server, I have access to everything. Just tell me what I am looking for.

Comment

Yes, for large imports I would run ImpEx standalone behind a .htaccess.

Just move it to it's own folder outside of vBulletin and make sure you have the source and target in ImpExConfig.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X