very large import phpBB - > vB 3.6.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very large import phpBB - > vB 3.6.8

OK, I've had several issues with importing a very large phpBB board to vB.

I seem to be loosing posts, getting 1970 dates and some users import errors. Even after

phpBB 2.0.22
    impex 1.85
    vB 3.6.8
    PHP 4.4.6
    SQL 4.1.22-standard

I have my php memory_limit set to -1 = no memory limit (temporarily)
    max_execution_time set to 240
    max_input_time set to 240

but still running into problems. I've tried running impex inside and outside the AP but still no luck.

any help would be appreciated.

I have about 27K users
    and over 1 million posts
    My db backup file is about 530M

I seem to get some errors on threads, users, and posts but I don't know what they are because it takes so long to run and I don't sit there watching it trying to catch the error.
    Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

In your impExConfig you can set this :

PHP Code:
    define('impexdebug'true); 
    Then see what's in the impexerror table.

but still running into problems. I've tried running impex inside and outside the AP but still no luck.
    What problems ? If ImpEx is failing some data there is almost always a good reason for it, incomplete or orphaned is the usual.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks Jerry, I will set that in the impex config file.

I'm only getting about 75,000 posts out of 1.1Million. As well as all my dates are around 1970.

I will give that another go in the am. I'm too worn out tonight.
      Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

so, I could not get impex to work or view the error code(s), I've updated the phpbb board to phpBB3 RC5, which found a bunch of errors and fixed them.

I've noticed that impex only supports BB3 RC2. My question is can I run it with RC5?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by rudedog1968 View Post
          so, I could not get impex to work or view the error code(s), I've updated the phpbb board to phpBB3 RC5, which found a bunch of errors and fixed them.
          I've done import from phpBB with board much bigger than that, but I'd need more details than "but still running into problems. " to be able to help.

Originally posted by rudedog1968 View Post
          I've noticed that impex only supports BB3 RC2. My question is can I run it with RC5?

Thanks in advance.
          I've not seen a RC5 database, just a RC2, though I'm getting any changes now will be code opposed to database schema this late in the day I'd guess it would be fine yes.

Though if it isn't and I can have a copy of the source I'll update it.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I also have a RC5 PHPBB installation. I attempted it with the RC2, but it hickup'd on the user import portion.
            -Lyle

Comment

Originally posted by ldove View Post
              I also have a RC5 PHPBB installation. I attempted it with the RC2, but it hickup'd on the user import portion.
              I've tried a RC5 with the latest phpBB3 importer and it was OK.

Can you start your own thread and elaborate on the hickup, cheers.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161907
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X