Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ImpEx Database error

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ImpEx Database error

    I have vbulletin 3.6.2 and I am trying to import some phpbb (ver 2.022) tables into it. I did it successfully on a test forum version 3.6.1, but every time I try to run impex on the live forum I get this error. Any help is greatly appreciated.


    edit: Upgraded to 3.6.8 and retried, same issue.


    PHP Code:
    ImpEx Database errormysql errorInvalid SQL
                        
    SELECT fieldnamevbmandatorydefaultvaluedictionary
                        FROM vbfields
                        WHERE tablename 
    'ranks'
                        
    AND product='vbulletin'
                        
    ORDER BY vbmandatory
                    

    mysql error
    Unknown column 'product' in 'where clause'

    mysql error number1054

    Date
    Sunday 23rd of September 2007 04:15:10 AM 
    Last edited by Rastus; Sun 23rd Sep '07, 2:01am.
    Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

    Rat Rod City

  • #2
    Your running with an old vbfields table and a new version of ImpEx.

    ImpEx should drop and recreate that when a new import is started and the old session is gone, though manually drop it and it will recreate it with the new table and SQL.
    I wrote ImpEx.

    Blog | Me

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      Your running with an old vbfields table and a new version of ImpEx.

      ImpEx should drop and recreate that when a new import is started and the old session is gone, though manually drop it and it will recreate it with the new table and SQL.
      Just so I understand correctly, It is ok to drop the vbfields table and then run the impex ?

      thanks
      Kenny
      Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

      Rat Rod City

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rastus View Post
        Just so I understand correctly, It is ok to drop the vbfields table and then run the impex ?

        thanks
        Kenny
        Yes, ensure you have all the latest files in place.
        I wrote ImpEx.

        Blog | Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok, when I drop the table I get this

          PHP Code:
          ImpEx Database errormysql errorInvalid SQL
                              
          SELECT fieldnamevbmandatorydefaultvaluedictionary
                              FROM vbfields
                              WHERE tablename 
          'ranks'
                              
          AND product='vbulletin'
                              
          ORDER BY vbmandatory
                          

          mysql error
          Table '********_forum.vbfields' doesn't exist

          mysql error number: 1146

          Date: Monday 24th of September 2007 11:41:03 PM
          Database: texas4x4_forum
          MySQL error: 
          when I empty the table I get this

          PHP Code:
          ImpEx Database errormysql errorInvalid SQL
                              
          SELECT fieldnamevbmandatorydefaultvaluedictionary
                              FROM vbfields
                              WHERE tablename 
          'ranks'
                              
          AND product='vbulletin'
                              
          ORDER BY vbmandatory
                          

          mysql error
          Unknown column 'product' in 'where clause'

          mysql error number1054

          Date
          Monday 24th of September 2007 11:46:38 PM 
          Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

          Rat Rod City

          Comment


          • #6
            In the impex folder there is a file called vbfields.php, after the legal bit does the top of it look like this :

            PHP Code:
            if (!defined('IDIR')) { die; }

            /* simply contains a function that defines how to populate target_db.vbfields */

            function &retrieve_vbfields_queries($tableprefix '')
            {

                
            $queries = array();

                
            $queries[] = "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS {$tableprefix}vbfields";

                
            $queries[] = "CREATE TABLE `{$tableprefix}vbfields` (
                  `fieldname` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
                  `tablename` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
                  `vbmandatory` enum('Y','N','A') NOT NULL default 'N',
                  `defaultvalue` varchar(200) default '!##NULL##!',
                  `dictionary` mediumtext NOT NULL,
                  `product` varchar(25) default ''
                )
                "

            I wrote ImpEx.

            Blog | Me

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok, when I drop the table I get this
              Are you deleting the ImpEx session and and finishing any previous import as well ?
              I wrote ImpEx.

              Blog | Me

              Comment


              • #8
                .......
                Last edited by Rastus; Mon 24th Sep '07, 9:59pm.
                Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

                Rat Rod City

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  In the impex folder there is a file called vbfields.php, after the legal bit does the top of it look like this :

                  PHP Code:
                  if (!defined('IDIR')) { die; }

                  /* simply contains a function that defines how to populate target_db.vbfields */

                  function &retrieve_vbfields_queries($tableprefix '')
                  {

                      
                  $queries = array();

                      
                  $queries[] = "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS {$tableprefix}vbfields";

                      
                  $queries[] = "CREATE TABLE `{$tableprefix}vbfields` (
                        `fieldname` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
                        `tablename` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
                        `vbmandatory` enum('Y','N','A') NOT NULL default 'N',
                        `defaultvalue` varchar(200) default '!##NULL##!',
                        `dictionary` mediumtext NOT NULL,
                        `product` varchar(25) default ''
                      )
                      "

                  yes, this is in the vbfields.php file
                  Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

                  Rat Rod City

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                    Are you deleting the ImpEx session and and finishing any previous import as well ?
                    finishing the last import? yes.

                    Deleting the Impex session? Well now that's a good question, I thought I did. I'll run it all again and see.
                    Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

                    Rat Rod City

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X