Merging Two Forums into vB - General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging Two Forums into vB - General Questions

OK, the first thing I figured out is that you have to manually merge the imported user(s) to the admin on the new board. Check.

Moving on, is there anything "wrong" with simply merging the users after you import boards, and NOT doing it based on email address during the import?

I'm importing an old phpbb forum first, then the current one; two separate databases. Since the posts from the old forum are, well, old, they'll get sorted to the bottom of the lists. No harm there. The vB forum is an upgrade from the previous forum, so it is currently blank except for, of course, the admin.

If I do associate, what user will I end up with? Will the older user stay, or the newer? The email address may be the same, but the username will undoubtably be different.

My apologies if this has been asked/answered before...
    Onwards,

Matt

1. You can merge users manually if you want. Personally I would let Impex do it.

2. Be sure to read the multiple import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import

3. The imported user will be merged into the existing account.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So it sounds like I should import the newest forum first, then the old one?

I'll go read that link now.
      Onwards,

Matt

Comment

Merge the older one into the newer one and use the auto associate on email during the user module.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X