Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Very much so, an import is an intensive process the more memory and CPU that you can throw at it the better.

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    We have migrated to a new server. I am FTP'ing the remainder of the old board over and will try again with a clean import. Should go MUCH smoother since there is not the timeouts to deal with!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    That would come from refreshing the page or importing and removing the import id's and running the import again.

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    Ok, it was up, but the import brought in FIVE times the forums. and users.

Now instead of 251 members I have over 1700!

Also the forums I tried to delete that were named the same deleted my working forums.

ugh!

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    What do the import modules for posts and threads show? Did you follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
    This has been a nightmare procedure I have worked on since 09/12/07 and I did all but the remove Impex files.

the moderators did not come over, so I did check the permissions.

I had imported_username and found how to delete the usergroup to reclaim the users.

I did Cache and counters and nothing shows for posts. I can se e the posts in the db. There is a throttle at the server that gives me errors from time to time. This is a 250 member board and I thought this would be long done.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What do the import modules for posts and threads show? Did you follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    I finally have this back to where I can work with what is imported.

Now when I go to run cleaner.php it said Not Active
    Also after I rebuild Forums, Threads and posts they still show 12-31-1969 for date and no users.

What did I miss?
    At least I did get my users imported.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I would expect 4-6 hours as well.

Starting a support ticket in your members area, copy the link to this thread there as well and ask for me and I'll get the details to check out whats going on.

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    What did you expect it to take from testing ?

You can contact support and their or I will see what is going on, though if you have a very limited server then there may not be many options.
    I understood the Impex would inport Yabb into VB.
    I am guessing I either did something wrong, or the server has limitations.

I expected from reading from others to take up to 4-6 hrs to convert this and now after 5 days I am back against the wall unable to figure this out on my own.

Do I contact VBSupport with a ticket, or PM you or what means?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    What did you expect it to take from testing ?

You can contact support and their or I will see what is going on, though if you have a very limited server then there may not be many options.

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    Ok, I need some serious help on this. The board said there were 61700 posts and now it is processing post 68000.

How can I get further help on this import now 3 days longer than I expected?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
    Sigh,

I am in the 4th day of this now . There are 60000 threads and I am at 50,000. If you are saying I have to do it all over again, how do I kill the process and start over? Or do I let it finish it's course and start again.

I would be very supprised if it went past 4 hours with that many threads, I would do 5-10,000 per page here with 512M for PHP.

Do I need to fully close the Yabb board to make this happen correctly?
    Nope, don't close the source till the tests are good, it might have some incomplete data though you'll see what the process is like.

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    If you re-run the forum then threads module, it will delete any previously imported data before running that module again.
    Sigh,

I am in the 4th day of this now . There are 60000 threads and I am at 50,000. If you are saying I have to do it all over again, how do I kill the process and start over? Or do I let it finish it's course and start again.

Do I need to fully close the Yabb board to make this happen correctly?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I did increase the PHP memory using information from another thread. Will I be able to go in agian and import users/forums? Or do I start over- if so, how do I start over? I have about 2/3 done now of the threads.....
    If you re-run the forum then threads module, it will delete any previously imported data before running that module again.

Leave a comment:

• BoredOutOfMyMind
    replied
    If it's file missing on that module, it's just going to be the threads not the whole forum.

Raising the PHP memory limit and doing more items per page is the main way of speeding things up.

I did increase the PHP memory using information from another thread. Will I be able to go in agian and import users/forums? Or do I start over- if so, how do I start over? I have about 2/3 done now of the threads.....

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X