YaBB 2.0 to VB 3.6.8 so close yet so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would expect 4-6 hours as well.

Starting a support ticket in your members area, copy the link to this thread there as well and ask for me and I'll get the details to check out whats going on.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I finally have this back to where I can work with what is imported.

Now when I go to run cleaner.php it said Not Active
      Also after I rebuild Forums, Threads and posts they still show 12-31-1969 for date and no users.

What did I miss?
      At least I did get my users imported.

Comment

What do the import modules for posts and threads show? Did you follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          What do the import modules for posts and threads show? Did you follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup
          This has been a nightmare procedure I have worked on since 09/12/07 and I did all but the remove Impex files.

the moderators did not come over, so I did check the permissions.

I had imported_username and found how to delete the usergroup to reclaim the users.

I did Cache and counters and nothing shows for posts. I can se e the posts in the db. There is a throttle at the server that gives me errors from time to time. This is a 250 member board and I thought this would be long done.

Comment

Ok, it was up, but the import brought in FIVE times the forums. and users.

Now instead of 251 members I have over 1700!

Also the forums I tried to delete that were named the same deleted my working forums.

ugh!

Comment

That would come from refreshing the page or importing and removing the import id's and running the import again.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

We have migrated to a new server. I am FTP'ing the remainder of the old board over and will try again with a clean import. Should go MUCH smoother since there is not the timeouts to deal with!

Comment

Very much so, an import is an intensive process the more memory and CPU that you can throw at it the better.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X