Importing: phpbb 2 to vBulletin 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing: phpbb 2 to vBulletin 3

I have a clean installation of vBulletin. I'm importing a phpBB board over.

Everything worked out well with the posts, forums, usergroups, etc.

The following problems are what i've ran into:

1.) Everybody's birthdates are showing up Nov. 30. These are incorrect.

2.) The avatars are not getting imported

3.) Is there any possible way to import the genders over?

Is there something I can do to fix this?
    Last edited by edytwinky; Sun 2 Sep '07, 12:35am.

Originally posted by edytwinky View Post
    1.) Everybody's birthdates are showing up Nov. 30. These are incorrect.
    The users can reset them, what version of phpBB are you importing from ?

2.) The avatars are not getting imported
    Are they remotely hosted ?

3.) Is there any possible way to import the genders over?
    It's not a default field in vBulletin so not a standard thing, you would have to add the custom field then hack ImpEx. (as per the ubb.classic user importer as that imports custom fields).
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

MySQL Error while importing

I am trying to import the data from a small phpBB 2.0.15 installation to a brand new vBulletin 3.6.7 installation. The phpBB installation is on an old server, the vBulletin installation is on a new server (both servers are at different hosting companies). The URL to the old phpBB installation is no longer working due to a domain name change, so the old forum is not easily accessible (you can get their via the IP, but it's cumbersome).

I have exported the database from the old server, and tried to import it into a test database I created on my new server using the phpMyAdmin control panel. I didn't want to import it directly into the vBulletin database...that seemed like a bad idea. I figured it made sense to bring the old forum database over into it's own database on the new server, then import into vBulletin from there. Anyway...

When I try to import the phpBB database export, I get the following error:

Error:

SQL query:
      INSERT INTO `phpbb_search_wordlist`
      VALUES (0xc383c692c386e28099c383e280a0c3a2e282ace284a2c383c692c3a2e282acc2a0c383c2a2c3a2e2809ac2a cc3a2e2809ec2a2c383c692c386e28099c383c2a2c3a2e2809ac2acc385c2a1c383c692c3a2e282acc5a1c383e 2809ac382c2a2c383c692c386e28099c383e280a0c3a2e282ac, 5431, 0
      );

MySQL said:
      #1062 - Duplicate entry 'ÃÆâ€â„Â' for key 1

I'm not sure is this is the right forum for my question....if not, please feel free to move it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Comment

Right forum, though starting your own thread is best.

To get over that run the mysql command on the command line and use the -f flag, to force the restore and to ignore errors like that.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X