Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. Problem importing members

Hello everyone.

I have read through page after page in this forum regarding the procedure for importing members but I still can't get it to work right.

It appears everything went well except for the members being created. All the post and threads have been created which I am very thankful for but the members do not import no matter what I do.

I've seen where it has be mentioned to write the VBulletin user ID# next to the source usernames but here is my question. How do I associate a user id for a user that doesn't exist in my board yet? I only have myself registered and I couldn't even find the user id for myself either.

I am confused at what to do now, I'm stuck with my board having all the post and threads but no members associated with them.

I have imported from phpBB2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161907

If the members aren't importing then nothing else will work as they are dependant.

You'll need to redo the import.

What are the errors during the user module ?

How do I associate a user id for a user that doesn't exist in my board yet?
    If it is a clean import you don't need to associate users, you skip that module.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161907

If the members aren't importing then nothing else will work as they are dependant.

You'll need to redo the import.

If it is a clean import you don't need to associate users, you skip that module.
      Thanks for the info, I'll have to re-do the import and see if that works.

Comment

Argh! I still can't get the members to import. I tried doing a clean import again but now I can't get the thread and post information along with the members to import right.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I filled out the support ticket, hopefully this is something easy to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by ledzep1 View Post
              Argh! I still can't get the members to import. I tried doing a clean import again but now I can't get the thread and post information along with the members to import right.
              Your not letting us know what the error is though.

Originally posted by myself
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                Your not letting us know what the error is though.
                Whoops sorry, the support helped me out a few days ago, I'm all set and happy now.

Thanks for checking on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ledzep1 View Post
                  Whoops sorry, the support helped me out a few days ago, I'm all set and happy now.

Thanks for checking on me.
                  Hazza another one joins the family
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X