Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed 'ImportIDs' by Accident!

Hi,
    Last night I clicked on the 'Removed ImportIDs' option in the 'Impex Help page' by accident.....
    I'm in the process of migrating my forum from phpBB2 to vBulletin 3.6.8 so the database isn't live, however because I've ended the session and any future imports will append to the existing data, how can I delete all the forum info in my database for a clean install.

I've manually deleted ‘Forums’, ‘Threads’ and ‘Attachments’ and deleted all users except ‘Admin’ via the vBulletin control manager, but I've noticed that under the Admin profile it still says I have 'Total Posts: 74' even though I've updated all the counters and ran a 'Repair/Optimise Tables'....

.... what am I missing, how can I be sure all the old data is gone?

Many thanks
    Ron

Run the rebuild post counters option to get rid of your postcount.

Comment

Thanks Zachery,
      Well that's sorted the post count thanks (sure I did it before?), but what do you reckon on the rest of the data? Do you think I've cleared enough for a fresh import or is there anything else worth considering? I ask because my total experience in vBulletin is now only 6 days.

Cheers
      Ron

Comment

If you have removed all the import ID's there is only really one option and that's to reinstall vBulletin or to revert to a backup taken before the import.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Fair point Jerry, however if I don't re-install vBulletin and I did a fresh import without associating users via email address' am I right in assuming that there would be no conflict issues? Because if that is the case, and with all the existing Threads, Posts and Users deleted, surely I'm okay to run as I am?

I'll do a fresh install later and see what happens I guess....
          P.S: I didn't make a backup prior to deleting the ImportID's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronseal View Post
            Fair point Jerry, however if I don't re-install vBulletin and I did a fresh import without associating users via email address' am I right in assuming that there would be no conflict issues? Because if that is the case, and with all the existing Threads, Posts and Users deleted, surely I'm okay to run as I am?
            It depends on if you deleted the imported data and then the importid's, then the board would be empty, if you just deleted the importid's then you will duplicate everything.

Originally posted by Ronseal View Post
            I'll do a fresh install later and see what happens I guess.... P.S: I didn't make a backup prior to deleting the ImportID's.
            Fresh install after a glitch like that would be the best way to go. As for the back up, it's always handy to take one just before doing an import as if anything happens you can restore to that point and be ok.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks again Jerry.... I did a fresh install in the end as you recommended.
              It all works great now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X