Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Upgrade, server move or getting the host to do a restore is the way to go here, ImpEx is going to create more issues that it solves in this case.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    With SSH (Telnet), with MySQLBigDump, etc.

You can also e-mail your old host and ask them to make a backup and post it as a ZIP file in a folder.

Leave a comment:

• paperthreads
    replied
    the problem is my database it TOO big. We have attachments, and those are 78MB alone, and my server won't let me import a database that large. I did it in parts, and have all the pieces BUT the attachments, don't know how to bring just those over in parts from the other database....

So I was hoping by doing IMPEX, that it would bring it all in for me instead..but couldn't get that to work right either, so back to work on the first way of trying it.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Maybe I am not understanding, but I don't see why ImpEx would make your life any easier. ImpEx should be considered a LAST RESORT if upgrading from one version of vBulletin to another fails, as there is the possibility of data loss, and forumids, threadids, and postids will change, etc.

Either copy the 3.6.7 forum over, data and all, and THEN upgrade.

Or upgrade to 3.6.8 where you are now and then copy the finished upgraded version (and data) over.

Leave a comment:

• paperthreads
    started a topic Can IMPEX go from VB 3.6.7 to 3.6.8

Can IMPEX go from VB 3.6.7 to 3.6.8

I am in the process of relocating my site from a shared server at one host to a dedicated server at another.

1. Can impex import from one version of VB to another? I currently run 3.6.7 and will be bringing it over to 3.6.8?
    2. My DATABASE is HUGE. We have file sharing in the forum, and I need to keep that feature, it's what brings in my members, and keeps people coming back.....and I need to get this moved soon! I have the store already working at the new location, but can't do the final move until I get this forum moved. Problem is the database is so huge......any suggestions on an easy way to go about this?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X