No announcement yet.

incomplete posts after import from phpBB2

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • incomplete posts after import from phpBB2

    I have a problem with incomplete user posts after a clean import from phpBB 2.0.22 to vBulletin 3.6.8. The import process went out smoothly, without any major loss of data. All the posts are there, but some of them are just partial. I have done everything (and I mean everything) by the book. Updated counters, cache, etc. However, after all of that, I have a lot of incomplete posts. I have used the value 100 posts per cycle on the import, so that shouldn't be a problem. I have found no previous issues like mine upon a search of this forum. So... am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Delioncourt; Thu 2 Aug '07, 7:14pm.

  • #2
    Does posts are incomplete in database?


    • #3
      Yes. The posts are incomplete in the database itself. That was the first thing I checked... So it has nothing to do with the after-import procedures.
      May I add that I have done the import 3 times allready (clean) and with the same result.

      L.E: I have discovered by comparing the 2 databeses (source and target) that the posts cut-off at the use of characters like " or weird strings located in my source database like s&#259 wich outputs să (romanian chars) and all sorts of chars. Any thoughts ?
      Last edited by Delioncourt; Thu 2 Aug '07, 7:50pm.


      • #4
        Problem solved by redoing the import and using
        $query_id = $query_type($query_string, $this->link_id);
        instead of
         $query_id = $query_type(utf8_encode($query_string), $this->link_id);
        on line 254 of impex/db_mysql.php since my source database uses latin1_swedish_ci


        • #5
          You must be using an old version of ImpEx all the utf encoding was removed and is now set by a define in the ImpExConfig. No encoding is used by default.
          I wrote ImpEx.

          Blog | Me


          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.