X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still confused how to do it.

Hi Everyone,

I still confused with import system.
    I was download latest version of vBulletin and I was download ImpEx Import System
    too,

My old forum running SMF in other server (example server a) and my new vBulletin forum is on server b.

What should I do first? I was backup databases from my old SMF forum. After that what should I do? and where is I must install ImpEx Import System? on my new server (server b) or on my old server?

And about my New vBulletin, What should I do? install it first then do import? or do import only without fresh install?

I was read the manual but still didn't understand with it.

Please help, I really confused with it.

Thanks

Jauhari
    Free WordPress Themes
    Please Join #1 Indonesia WordPress Community

You install Impex into your vB system. Then you will need to move the SMF data over to the same system as your vB. Edit ImpExConfig.php with the correct info, then run Impex to import the data.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      You install Impex into your vB system. Then you will need to move the SMF data over to the same system as your vB. Edit ImpExConfig.php with the correct info, then run Impex to import the data.
      So, I must install vB first? then upload my Impex into my vB and configure ImpExConfig.php? Then I backup my mysql smf then move to my new server and begin import?

Is it right?
      Free WordPress Themes

Comment

Yes.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Yes.
          Thanks you and let's me do it now and give the results to all of this forum members

Cheers
          Free WordPress Themes

Comment

And the update running with success, but why my import form avatar doesn't work? what's wrong?

On my Old SMF I just backup databases and not the files.
            Can any body tell me what's wrong?
            Free WordPress Themes

Comment

According to the SMF import page avatars are not listed as being imported:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_smf

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ImpEx will attempt to get them during the user module if the correct path is given.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X