Import vb 2.3.11 -> 3.6.7 Database Checks take looooooong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import vb 2.3.11 -> 3.6.7 Database Checks take looooooong

I am currently running a test-import of a vB 2.3.11 into a vB 3.6.7. The old one has about 150.000 posts, the new one around 1,7 million posts. The database checks take that long (more than 1 hour now), that timeouts in the browser are produced, while the server seems to continue to work in the background, as the serverload is rather high.

Is there any way to make the updates to the tables manually through the command-line in order to see, when it is finished? What do I need to change in the scripts to prevent the updates to be done there?

Hurray, after 2 hours, it worked out. But:

Possibly custom tables or incorrect prefix :

custom_avatar NOT found.
    modlog NOT found.
    pmstats NOT found.
    regimage NOT found.
    savethreads NOT found.

Does this have any effect on the import? And how can I fix it?

Comment

No if these tables are not present they will not be used. All data should be imported correctly.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Just wanted to say, that the rest of the import went very well. We already did the final import, the searchindex is now rebuilding. It' s a good advice to close the forum in which you want to import during the database checks, as it will take less time. 50 minutes compared to over 2 hours in our case.

The import took about 2,5 minutes for 1.000 postings, that's a whole of 131 minutes for 51.000 postings, with the board already up and running again. We are on an AMD 3600+ box with 2 GB RAM with another big site (in total about 5 million pageviews with 1 million visits) on the box. Just to give people who want to import a glimps of how it should work out.

I did 100 postings on each cycle, which is a good idea I think.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X