Importing Help - VB 3.6.7 to 3.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Help - VB 3.6.7 to 3.6.4

One of my sites was running 3.6.4 for a long time. WHen our host had problems, they lost our files and DB. We started the forum over again gained another 5000 posts in 3.6.7. We took a backup of the DB on the new site. THe host finally found our files and reimplemented our old site in 3.6.4, we now want to import the posts from the newer temporary site we had (3.6.7) into our main site (3.6.4).. Should i upgrade the site before the import.

Also, how do i do the import since we don't want duplicate members. All we want are the threads and posts to be moved.

Originally posted by Knight Rider View Post
    One of my sites was running 3.6.4 for a long time. WHen our host had problems, they lost our files and DB. We started the forum over again gained another 5000 posts in 3.6.7. We took a backup of the DB on the new site. THe host finally found our files and reimplemented our old site in 3.6.4, we now want to import the posts from the newer temporary site we had (3.6.7) into our main site (3.6.4).. Should i upgrade the site before the import.
    Yes, it is ideal to have the target on 3.6.7.

Also, how do i do the import since we don't want duplicate members. All we want are the threads and posts to be moved.
    You can merge the users during the import.

I would suggest making a test area with a copy of both databases and testing it a few times.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

If there anyone here that can help me out if i submit a ticket, i have a copy of the new database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X