Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from PHPBB 2.x.x to VB 3.6.7

Group,

Im trying to import from phpbb 2.x.x to vb 3.6.7 and i am connecting to the correct database, and its seeing and importing the posts, and threads as far as the Impex script is showing, but after i run the update counters section and then go to look at the forums on the regular web page it shows posts in the "last post" column and all the threads if i click on the link to that post, but if i click on a forum it tells me that there are no posts made in the last 30 days. Now how can it show the last post, but nothing else?

Also when i view the members list none of the members show up either even though Impex says they were imported.

one more issue i am having is that for some reason it sees the file attachments by file name and extension, but when Impex is running it is also saying "Source File Cannot Be Found".

As far as I know I have the correct URL to the files. /domain/files/

I have tried every which way of arranging the url path and nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what is going on? This is my 3rd attempt at Impex and for some reason it dont like me, as I cannot get it to work no matter what I do.

Thanks much

Doug

Originally posted by dcpaq2 View Post
    Group,

Im trying to import from phpbb 2.x.x to vb 3.6.7 and i am connecting to the correct database, and its seeing and importing the posts, and threads as far as the Impex script is showing, but after i run the update counters section and then go to look at the forums on the regular web page it shows posts in the "last post" column and all the threads if i click on the link to that post, but if i click on a forum it tells me that there are no posts made in the last 30 days. Now how can it show the last post, but nothing else?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191791

Also when i view the members list none of the members show up either even though Impex says they were imported.
    Usergroups
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

one more issue i am having is that for some reason it sees the file attachments by file name and extension, but when Impex is running it is also saying "Source File Cannot Be Found".

As far as I know I have the correct URL to the files. /domain/files/

I have tried every which way of arranging the url path and nothing seems to work.
    The path will be wrong, SSH to the machine fine the dir with the attachments and type "pwd" to get the real path.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Is there anyway that I can just import the threads/posts/replys and attachments that go with them and thats it? Also what about importing one thread and all its replys one at a time?

Doug

Comment

Listing User ID's

I am trying out the IMPEX script and at the assosiating user id's section right now and ran into an issue.

How can I view the user ID's for each member on the VB Target board without having to click on their user name and view each one independently?

This is very time consuming doing it this way, there has to be an easier and quicker way.

Doug

Comment

Jerry,

I figured out the attachment issue. Thank you.

Doug
          Last edited by Removed-1078464; Sun 22 Jul '07, 11:52pm.

Comment

If you are importing into a fresh install you can ignore this.

If you are importing users to an existing board that will (mostly) be using the same email address, you can ignore this and use the user module that will merge them automatically for you.

This is a module that is default in all the import systems, partially for legacy and partially for admins who to change or merge users as they see fit.

99.99% of the time it can be skipped.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok, thank you on the other information. Just a side note, 'some' email addresses and user names have been changed between the two boards, but not all of them. But my question still hasn't been answered.

Doug

Comment

If you have phpMyAdmin (or have set up to run SQL from the admincp), you can run this SQL :

Code:
                SELECT userid, username FROM user;
                That will list all the users and their username's.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok, thanks Jerry, I will give that a try.

Doug

Comment

Jerry,

Is it normal for Impex to create a 'private forum' up near the top of my board with no posts or threads in it and then the main forum with all the posts in it toward the bottom of the board?

Doug
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Removed-1078464; Thu 26 Jul '07, 11:20am.

Comment

Jerry,

That didnt work for me. Ive tried on the main site as well as a test site and it gives me the following error.

An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
                      error number: 1146
                      error desc: Table 'prefix_domainname.user' doesn't exist

Is there anything else I can try?

Doug
                      Last edited by Removed-1078464; Thu 26 Jul '07, 8:53am.

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that when using the "Associate Users" feature, if one of the users 'fail' it tells you in a fraction of a second, and I cannot see what or who failed, or why.

Is there a way that you guys could SLOW this error or failed notice down so that we can read it or at least have enough time to get a screen shot of it?

Please?

Doug

Comment

You have to use your table prefix that you use for vBulletin on the table in the SQL, so if you are using vb_ as your prefix, then :

Code:
                          SELECT userid, username FROM vb_user;
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry,

Is it normal for Impex to create a 'private forum' up near the top of my board with no posts or threads in it and then the main forum with all the posts in it toward the bottom of the board?

Doug
                            Yes, in case it finds any hidden, private or parent-less forums/threads that is a catch all, if its there and empty that's a good sing that nothing needed to be put in there and it can be deleted.

One thing I have noticed is that when using the "Associate Users" feature, if one of the users 'fail' it tells you in a fraction of a second, and I cannot see what or who failed, or why.

Is there a way that you guys could SLOW this error or failed notice down so that we can read it or at least have enough time to get a screen shot of it?

Please?

Doug
                            To slow it you can set the page speed in ImpExConfig :

Code:
                            $impexconfig['system']['pagespeed'] = 3;
                            Or just set it to step though :

Code:
                            define('step_through', true);
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                              You have to use your table prefix that you use for vBulletin on the table in the SQL, so if you are using vb_ as your prefix
                              Sure wish you would have told me that in the first place Jerry, It would have simplified things much more from the beginning.

Thank you I will give it another try.

Doug

Update... Jerry that worked, Thank you.
                              Last edited by Removed-1078464; Thu 26 Jul '07, 1:11pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X