Target Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target Database

I'm trying to do a fresh import of a phpBB2 forum - 2.0.22 and the target is 3.6.7 PL1. I uploaded all the files and I enter the import section in the admincp. When I go to go a test import of a freshly installed phpbb2 forum to see if the import works, I get an error. This one to be exact:

ImpEx can not read the target database details from impex/ImpExConfig.php OR ../includes/config.php.
    Please enter the target database details in ImpExConfig, or run ImpEx installed opposed to standalone.

Now, I didn't enter the information into config file for the target database because at one point in the manual, it said I may not need to. So, not I'm guessing with this error, I need to. However, I never created a database with mysql, since I just uploaded all the files myself (rather than doing some sort of auto-intall like I can with phpBB2, where a database is automatically created).

Anyway, is there a way I can get the information for the target database somewhere? Or do I have to create a database for vB?

OK, I created a database for vBulletin to use and entered the information required for the config file. But, when I go to erase the previous import information, I get this error:

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title='ImpExSession';

mysql error: Table 'thinkth1_vbulletin.datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Friday 06th of July 2007 08:26:29 PM
    Database: thinkth1_vbulletin
    MySQL error: Table 'thinkth1_vbulletin.datastore' doesn't exist

Comment

This is usually due to an incorrect table prefix for the source database in ImpexConfig.php
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Are you referring to my first or second post? In either situation, I didn't have anything put for the source table prefix. And if I do need one, how do I find out what it is?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X