6k threads missing after import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6k threads missing after import?

I've done several imports previously, always without any major hitch...

However, I've been swapping the server over (I don't know how to reduce the size of my d/b by other means) but when I import the posts - it's missing over 6,000 posts.

I've re-ran it several times and it constantly misses several thousand posts during each attempt.

Any ideas?

Also, importing polls button is missing from the main menu.
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161907
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Oops, I forgot that...

Clean Import (since the 1st was missing so many, I pruned all threads and reimported, but the initial import was entirely clean)
      vbulletin 3.6.7pl1
      vbulletin 3.6.7pl1

The reason I'm trying to import from a2b is because my forum bakcups (live) tell me that the mysql is some 75mb, but when I did an import over, although it was missing 6k posts (roughly 25% of all posts) the backup file was only 45mb. Thus, I figured a clean install/import would drastically reduce my mysql database somewhat and hopefully improve performance a little.

Also, some of my pages are messed up & spewing errors galore. My poll just won't work now unless I submit the thread and then use the ajax tools menu to add a poll afterwards, the generic error page is messed (you need to be registered to viw this page..etc. etc.) So, it just seemed a good idea to import over to a clean slate.
      Last edited by karlm; Tue 5th Jun '07, 8:16pm.
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

Also, some of my pages are messed up & spewing errors galore
        Before or after the import ?

So your source is corrupt in some manner ?
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Jerry, it seems a plugin was making the generic error pages (no permissions error, etc.) corrupt somehow. I upgraded to impex 1.82 and after a few hours tweaking, managed to get it all over without any missing posts/threads etc.
          In all - problem fully resolved once I globally disabled all plugins on my source board.

Thanks to all for the assistance
          No Addons - none at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X