Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyBB to vBulletin didn't work properly

Hi.

I used Impex to switch my MyBB database to VB. I had over 1300 threads/1800 posts and on MyBB. Although Impex says it was successful, it didn't work properly. I have some loss and although the forums are not empty, VB says "never". I updated counters, but nothing. Don't know where I made a mistake, so could tell me what to do?

Here's our manual, http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Are you sure you went through the cleaning up after import steps?

Comment

Yes actually, I'm sure I went through the cleaning up after import steps. But I'm going to delete everything and re-try with the manual anyway.

Comment

It doesn't work at all now. I did every single message in the manuel. There's no problem till I come to "Import Post", when I start the import post, it sometimes gives a database error this one;

Code:
        Internal Server Error
        The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
        and sometimes it says;

Code:
         "Found avatar post and DID NOT imported to the mysql database"
        It didn't give any of them once, and it was

Successful Failed
        1230 615

so it's not what i'm looking for.

Is the problem because of Impex or my hosting? (I tried to fix repair and optimize tables, but it didn't work)

I don't get any of these messages till I start "Import Post", and other stuff related to MySQL work well.

Comment

How did you restart ImpEx? Is this a fresh vBuletin installation?
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Yes. It's a fresh Vbulletin installation. I just installed it and run ImpEx. I didn't change anything nor set up something.

I uploaded the files to hosting, edited the ImpExConfig.php and just used it as maunal says.

Edit : Once it didn't work, I went to Database cleanup & restart and applied instructions there
            Last edited by lanles; Mon 4 Jun '07, 8:07am.

Comment

Then i don't know how you can get a difference between the first time your tried and now.

Also the "Internal Server Error" will need to be addressed by your host.
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Ok thanks.

I contacted the hosting firm, waiting for an answer.

Comment

I solved this problem. I edited impexconf.php define('dupe_checking', false); changed "true" to "false" and the problem has been solved. It worked but there are charset problems. I tried this but no luck.

$query_id = $query_type(utf8_encode($query_string), $this->link_id);
                  to
                  $query_id = $query_type($query_string, $this->link_id);

��ark�± s�¶zleri
                  (I want to see the Turkish characters.)

Comment

What is the characterset used on both databases, and which MySQL version are you using?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X