Joining 2 different vb forums together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining 2 different vb forums together

I have 2 different big vb boards. I'm going to be taking one of the boards and importing it into the other to have one HUGE board. So I have a few questions.....

1. Users... There is probably about 400-500 users that are on both boards will these users automatically be merged if they share the same username? Or what if they share the same email address, will they be automatically be merged? Or will they each have to be merged individually?

2. URL... After uploading the dababase to the server where it will be merged w/ the destination board do I need to edit the url in the database to reflect the new url before importing?

3. Attachments... What are the chances of having issues with the attachements having the same file name (they are now stored in the file system, they were in the database)

I'm sure I will think of more questions before doing this but that is it for now... Any and all suggestions are appreciated in this

I have converted many of phpbb forums over to vb using imprex with no problems but i'm pretty sure that this will be a lil more complex.

Yes, vBulletin can be used with ImpEx to also import other vbulletin forums. You can import once, or multiple times. vBimpex supports multi-sessions.

1. Yes, during impex of users you're asked to merge users who match email accounts. Also, there's an option to associate users prior to import.

2. Use impex to import, don't restore it on top of existing vbulletin. The url does not matter. the target forum where you import into already has the right url.

3. doesn't matter, each attachment has a unique attachmentid. during import they just get added as a new attachment.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X