Clear All

• ImpEx Port Problem / Not obeying port setting

Hi there!

I have a problem with ImpEx.
    I have the following setup:

All on one machine:
    a) VBB Runs on a mysql server on Port 3308 <--- NEW
    b) phpBB runs on a mysql server on Port 3306 <--- OLD

So, what I want to do is, tell ImpEx to connect to 3306 and copy the data to the mysql server on port 3308 (its all on the same machine).

As it looks like, impex is ignoring the VBB installs port directive (which is set to 3308) and is nonetheless trying to access the VBB installation on port 3306 - the default mysql port. Of course it doesnt find any of the needed tables since there it only finds the phpBB installation, so I dont even get the start page displayed:

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL: SELECT data FROM vb3_datastore WHERE title = 'ImpExSession'

mysql error: Table 'consolewars.vb3_datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Tuesday 29th of May 2007 05:25:49 PM
    Database: consolewars
    MySQL error: Table 'consolewars.vb3_datastore' doesn't exist
    Please note that both mysql servers use the same credentials, thats why it can connect to the 3306 one, but cannot find the tables. VBB itself is running fine since it is obeying the setting for the port. Is there a simple way to fix this?

Did you give it permission to connect to that server?

Comment

Yes I did. There is no problem with the connection I suppose as the error tells me that it doesnt find the table - and this cant be true since all the tables are there. By deduction I say that it connects to the wrong database...

Comment

Problem was solved thanks to your support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X