Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test cleaner on just a handful of posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test cleaner on just a handful of posts?

Is there a way I can run cleaner on just a few posts or a single forum or something like that? I'm trying something that I'm not sure will work and don't want to deal with a full restore if it doesn't.

I could even create a hidden (admin access only) test forum with a couple posts in there, if you could tell me how to make the cleaner run for just THAT forum.

I think this could be handy for others as well.

No. Cleaner works on the entire post table.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay. Well, will this adjustment be safe? I don't want to screw up existing image codes - just need to fix imported ones.

After the import, I have a bunch of these:

Code:
      [IMG]smileys/smile1.gif[/IMG]
      I've tried putting my "smileys" folder in the root, in /forums, in /forums/images, etc, and can't get them to display. So I'm guessing that the image code needs the full http://... url.

SO...I was thinking of doing this with the cleaner:

Code:
      "[img]smileys/"  => "[img]http://www.clutchfitness.com/forums/images/smileys/",
      Will that be able to recognize and replace just the part in the red above?? Such that any other [img] code that has something other than smileys right after it will be unaffected?

Thanks.

Comment

One more bit of help on the above, please? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproof View Post
          Will that be able to recognize and replace just the part in the red above?? Such that any other [img] code that has something other than smileys right after it will be unaffected?
          yes, it works like that. My guess is that it will turn out OK for you.

anyways, it is always smart to backup before you run the cleaner.

Comment

Thank you very much! Worked like magic.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X