Is ImpEx the devil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ImpEx the devil?

ImpEx has become the bane of my existence. I’m hoping some of the veterans will have some suggestions.

I have two vB communities running 3.6.5 which I’m planning to merge

My problems are as follows:
    • I have in the past removed the default userfields, field 1, 2, 3, and 4 and because of this ImpEx seems to be failing at importing many of my users. Is there away to reinstate the default fields 1, 2, 3 and 4 or even better is there a way to disable the part of ImpEx which imports this data. I read somewhere that ImpEx only works with a default or default extended schema.
    • I cannot trouble shoot the problem further on because there is no useful error out put. I realise there is a setting in the config file to create an error log, but where does it appear? I have also a seen a ImExp error filed in the database, which stays empty even after encountering many errors
    • What else can cause a user to fail when it’s being imported? Not all of my usergroups were imported successfully, is there any reason this would be and could it cause a user to not be imported successfully.
    • Finally, after re-running the user import module multiple times if successfully import all of the users. There wasn’t any explanation as to why it failed 50% or more of the users the previous time and why it successfully imported all of the users this time.

I wont’t take my production forum offline until I know beyond a shadow of doubt it will run exactly the same way each time.

If you have multiple problems, please open a support ticket so we can look into your problems.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Having issues then continually re-running modules will compound the issues opposed to making them go away, its best to stick to one issue work it out then move on.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X