Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Machines Forum importing attachments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beansbaxter
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    1. I do not know why it is doing this. Are you running Impex 1.81? If so, please report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114

2. You will have to change attachment storage to the database first. Note, this should be qa different directory than your SMF attachments are in.

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type
    That works...thanks much!

I think I see what's happening...for your insight or for others who may experience the same problem.

When it stops importing via Impex, it sucks cause it makes the browser not respond BUT the browser's session ID is still stored, so when you reopen your browser, go back into the Impex system, and it will start from the last session ID and continue on until it crashes again, and then just repeat.

I had to do about 9 repeats of this cycle, but I got about 70% of the attachments over.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. I do not know why it is doing this. Are you running Impex 1.81? If so, please report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114

2. You will have to change attachment storage to the database first. Note, this should be qa different directory than your SMF attachments are in.

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

Leave a comment:

• beansbaxter
    replied
    Another thing...when looking at the backend stats, the SMF was keeping the attachments in a directory within the /smf directory. And the Impex is bringing the attachments into the database...thus the MySQL database has grown in size.

Is there a way to bring the attachments over and keep them in a directory and not within the database?

Leave a comment:

• beansbaxter
    replied
    Hey that worked...with the following problems...

Not every attachment worked, some fail, some appear to be going through...it never finishes the script because it keeps crashing the browser. After waiting a few minutes of the browser Not Responding, I closed the browser and went back into the Import system. When you go back into Impex it automatically starts back up from where it left off, again works through the attachments (some working and some failing) and it once again crashes...

Is there any easy way to just run through, and not crash the system?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Use the full and complete path to those attachments. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd

Leave a comment:

• beansbaxter
    started a topic Simple Machines Forum importing attachments...

Simple Machines Forum importing attachments...

Ran Impex on a Simple Machines database and everything comes over just fine except for the attachments. When you run Step 12 "Import Attachments" it reads all the attachments ok, but it does not import them. They all fail instead of being a success.

Looking at the SMF forum, I can see all the attachments fine in the /smf/attachment directory and the pictures all show up accordingly in their respective posts so everything seems ok on the SMF side of things.

Please advise. Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X