Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vb 3.0.7 => 3.6.5 ... changes in the content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb 3.0.7 => 3.6.5 ... changes in the content?

Ok, i'm a bit stupid, i never used the import script other way than importing from outside scripts like phpBB and IPB...

so my question:

i need a "clean" version of 3.6.5 for a client, and he actually have a 3.0.7 vB... is it more efficient to Import his own forum, or simply apply the upgrade process ?!

because i will have to build a lot of things on the new version, like creating a style, adding a lot of addons, and configure new domain... and not do it twice due to the upgrade...
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Set up a test board to create the style on, then when you are ready, upgrade the existing site to 3.6.5. Then export the style from your test site and import it into the new one, ensuring that you also upload any images associated with the new style.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

sorry Kerry-Anne, but it is not related to the style creation... maybe my question was not clear enough...

i'd like a comparaison on Import VS Upgrade here...

is the import will change the userid for each member of the board?!.. will it also change the forumid for the imported forums ?! (if there is nothing on the new forum)

btw, a related question:

i have a BASE forum, i just bought 3 existing forums and 2 of them are vBulletin 3.6... will it be easy to import the existing forums inside my BASE forum ?!
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Importing changes all userid's, forumids, threadids, postids, and anything else that you can think of that has an id. Also, some information, such as custom profile fields, are not imported.

Yes, you can merge boards. If you are merging multiple boards into your existing board then you need to finalize the import after each one is complete.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

thanks for the infos...

i was not sure... i can't test these imports for the moment, as i do not handle the databases... and one of them is too big to play with...

so for the upgrade, i'll have to forget the import.. lol

Comment

It is always advised to upgrade over import, only import if there is no way to upgrade at all.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X