• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fudforum 2.7.6 import questions

I got some problems with import from fud 2.7.6 to vbulletin 3.6.5
    Here they are, step by step:

001 Check and update database
    this step is ok only that two missed tables 'thread_view' and 'tmp_consist' are absent in my fud 2.7.6 database, so i just deleted them from 000.php file

002 Associate Users
    The import script can see all my fud users, but then I tried to associate just one of them (which is exists in the new vbulletin installation as a administrator) I got the message that this particular user is missed in the new vbulletin database

003 Import Usergroup
    I can import all usergrups with no problems

004 Import User
    i can import all users with no problems

005 Import Forum
    i can import all forums an subforums with no problems

006 Import Thread
    i can import all threads width no problems

007 Import Post
    Unfortunately, I can not import posts, I just got the errors like these:

"Found avatar post and DID NOT imported to the mysql database - 98% of all error messages"

also i got:
    "Invalid post object, skiping.userid"

finally I had only the first post from more than 40000 imported successfully

could someone point me where is the solution to fix it?

Thanks.

001 Check and update database
    this step is ok only that two missed tables 'thread_view' and 'tmp_consist' are absent in my fud 2.7.6 database, so i just deleted them from 000.php file
    You should not edit the ImpEx files!

002 Associate Users
    The import script can see all my fud users, but then I tried to associate just one of them (which is exists in the new vbulletin installation as a administrator) I got the message that this particular user is missed in the new vbulletin database
    For security reasons, you can not associated with an Administrator.

Please open a support ticket about your Import Post problem.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Thanks Jerry, I almost got my fudforum imported.

But what if I have another fudforum and I want to import it to the same Vbulletin too? Finally I want to merge two fudforums to one Vbulletin.

Can I use the same import procedure, but with different ImpExConfig.php file?

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I got the answer in the help file

As you can import into an empty board or an existing one, this has some serious implications. e.g.

You have a source board and your vBulletin target board.

The vBulletin target board has a lot of content, once you have performed an import of the source board you can still reverse the operation as the source database has importsomethingid's for all the imported data, therefore ImpEx can tell what is original and what is imported data, this is needed for the re-running of modules also.

As soon as you finishing an import, the import id's are no longer needed and serve no purpose, with one exception, that being 3rd party applications.

If you have an application that uses the user data from your source board, it will no doubt be associated with the userid from the source board, if you wish to keep that, update the 3rd party application to use the importuserid in the vBulletin database. Though vBulletin will not update the importuserid only the userid for new users so its best to update the 3rd party software with the new userid's.

So with the exception of 3rd party applications there is no more use for the import id's.

They can be ignored for all purposes save Importing consecutive boards and general tidiness (also indexes are created that may slow down huge boards slightly).

You MUST remove the import id's before performing a 2nd import, this is because ImpEx will not know what is original imported data and what is just imported etc.

If you are importing boards that use the same user data, just use the auto-email associate to link up the userids automatically between board imports.

To remove the import id's use the clean database found at the top of the ImpEx page, as show in the attached images.

Comment

For others reading, this is the link :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

how to use cleaner.php

May I use regexp within cleaner.php?
            For example, all QUOTES from my old fudfurum are like this one now:

Code:
            <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">[B]noname wrote, 01 May 2007 14:40[/B]</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
            my question is - may I use inside cleaner.php the following string:
            Code:
            "<table border=\"0\" align=\"center\" width=\"90%\" cellpadding=\"3\" cellspacing=\"1\"><tr><td class=\"SmallText\">.*<\/td><\/tr><tr><td class=\"quote\">"     => "[quote]",
            and so on...

Thank you for reply.

Comment

Yes, near the bottom of the file there are commented out lines where you can add regex.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Ok, I fixed all QUOTEs, but I need to delete all strings like this one:
                HTML Code:
                [url="http://domain.com/file.php"]
                The regexs like these:
                HTML Code:
                '[url=\"http.*\"]' => " "
                '[url="http.*"]' => " "
                are doesn't work
                Could you help me with this?

Thanks

Comment

Line 98 of cleaner.php is :

PHP Code:
                  #$text = preg_replace('##siU', '', $text); 
                  Change that to :

PHP Code:
                  $text preg_replace('#\[url="http://domain.com/(.*)"\]#siU'''$text); 
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X