weird characters in post & topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird characters in post & topics

After importing, many of the posts & topics have a weird character peppered throughout them.
    e.g.

HorowitzÂ’ Sleeping Giant,
    when he taped his World Geography teacher’s political rant, spoke from experience, “I was flooded with similar stories from students across the nation,” he said at a conference on academic freedom. “We can’t simply deal with this on a case-to-case basis, we have to get to the root of it.”
    So - any suggestions? I don't want to go through some 20k posts editing
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

You're character colation has changed between hosts, find out what the old database was and change it on the new database.

Comment

Thank you for the answer - but could you please elaborate on that in English, please?
      The two d/b's were from the same host - I only moved from db1 to db2 so i could get rid of crap from hacks that were leaving tables and such (and i don't know how to use myphpadmin well enough to remove them manually).
      VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

You don't want to remove them, when you changed databases( though im not sure how migrating from one database to another removed hacks..) you changed the mysql tables character sets.

If you want to start a support ticket in the members area and include phpmyadmin access I'll take a look and see what I can do to change them back to their original table types.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X