Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import a list of topics from a CSV file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import a list of topics from a CSV file?

I have a comma delimited file listing approx 350 topics that I would like to create one thread for each topic. I have a clean, empty VBulletin install and the only purpose for the board is to discuss these 350 topics. Users should be able to reply to these existing topic threads but not create new threads.

Is it possible to import this list without having to manually create a new thread for each?

The CSV import only handles importing user lists at this time. It may be expanded in the future but I am not aware of any definite plans to import CSV based topics.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What about importing/inserting topic records into the "threads" mysql table? I'm sure there's some pointers elsewhere that would need to be updated... Just trying to find a way to save hours of data entry re-keying all these topics...

Comment

Originally posted by paule123 View Post
        What about importing/inserting topic records into the "threads" mysql table? I'm sure there's some pointers elsewhere that would need to be updated... Just trying to find a way to save hours of data entry re-keying all these topics...
        You'll need a post for each thread if you do that as well !
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

It's a bit of a kludge, but I've got this working via a form filler robot -- the (free) iMacros plugin for IE.
          I've automated the creation of the threads from a CSV file, and it worked like a charm. Not the fastest thing in the world, but it saved a lot of typing.
          I've also used the same technique to populate my initial users list via the Admin CP "add new user" form.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X