Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Plan Ahead

Hello all,

I have what are probably basic questions but after search several times in this forum I can't seem to piece it all together.

I am planning to make a unified login/registration on my site that is tied to my board. I've been reading a lot on vbulletin.org about the best ways to accomplish this. Seems like it will be tricky but I plan to let my site handle all the the login/reg/user functions and just push the info to vBulletin.

But this will be a phased approach. That is the login/reg will be in place on my site some time before I'm ready to launch my vBulletin forums. So what I plan on doing is using Impex to import username, emails and passwords via csv once the board is ready so that anyone who is already a member on my site will automatically be able to use the forum. I don't see instructions for the CSV import in the online documentation for Impex. Where should I be looking?

Also, I've been reading some threads on here about passwords not working after import and it has me quite concerned. I want to set up my user database in a way that is most compatible with vBull so that I won't run into this problem. That being said, what hash method should I be using to store passwords in my database that will still work in the vBull database. I was planning on using MD5. Will that work? I really really really don't want to have to send out a mass e-mail at the end of all this asking users to reset their password because it will be a nightmare trying to sync up the two databases again to make sure unified login still works.

Steve? Anyone?

Any recommendations appreciated.

Bump...

Does anyone here have any answers???

Comment

This is really a question for vbulletin.org. We don't support custom coding and code modifications here.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you include global.php into your own custom php files you can use the $navbar, which will have the register link and the login form.

Then update your custom code to use the vb's user table. Check out our API for details and our manual.

http://members.vbulletin.com/api
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/data_managers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X