Invisionfree conversion quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisionfree conversion quick question

Ok, I have my dump. I have my database setup. I installed the tables from the TXT file Jerry provided. I am using bigdump to restore from the sql file. I am getting an error

Code:
    Error at the line 82919: INSERT IGNORE INTO ibf_calendar_events (eventid, userid, year, month, mday, title, event_text, read_perms, unix_stamp, priv_event, show_emoticons, event_ranged, event_repeat, repeat_unit, end_day, end_month, end_year, end_unix_stamp, event_bgcolor, event_color) VALUES ('34006','1','2006','1','6','mydata ','*','1136613599','0','1','1','0','w','8','1','2006','1136786399','red','white');
    should I manually remove these instances from my dump? I understand that there is no table for calendar.

Also, my Impex- i followed the instructions but it does not show up in the Admin CP. It does appear to work when I navigate to /forum/impex should I use it this way? Not sure why it isnt in my Admin CP - Are there any additional steps to take to get it there?

For this to show up in ther Admin CP you need to upload the file cpnav_impex.xml (which can be found in upload/includes/xml) to the includes/xml directory.

I'm not sure about that error. How was the IBF backup made?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thank you for your reply. I had to manually remove those tables and I was able to use bigdump to get the sql into the database. I was able to get the import into the admincp, thanks -

however when using the import I am getting an error when I run the importer when it analyzes the database:

I verified connection settings and verified the prefix in the impexconfig

Any ideas?

Comment

Honestly if the info in ImpExConfig.php was correect then I do not see any way to get that error.

Why did you manually remove tables and which ones did you remove?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I removed the ones which were giving error messages when trying to load the dump. The messages referred to the fact that there were no tables to place the data into.

Comment

I don't think you can simply remove tables from the backup and have it work. Which tables did you remove?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              I don't think you can simply remove tables from the backup and have it work. Which tables did you remove?
              edit. Should I just try to load the database from the command line?

Comment

It would appear you removed tables that vB needs in order to import the data.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I think I made a mistake when I originally posted that.

I also dont understand what this instruction means

If you create the tables in a database with the attached SQL, you can then restore the invision free SQL into it with ignoring the INSERT's for the tables that ImpEx doesn't use in a IPB1.3 import thus

Comment

im not sure how to "ignore" the inserts.

Comment

I don't know what that means either. Where are those instructions?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398 bottom of the page.

Comment

I'm afraid I'm going to have to defer to Jerry on that one. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

if it helps, this is what invisionfree told me
                            You can download the data (71.3MB) at ***

Be sure you have a freshly installed IPB (v1.3.x) with the default mysql table prefix (ibf_).
                            Next empty the following tables on the fresh install (again make sure the install is using the prefix ibf_):
                            ibf_badwords
                            ibf_posts
                            ibf_calendar_events
                            ibf_categories
                            ibf_contacts
                            ibf_emoticons
                            ibf_forums
                            ibf_groups
                            ibf_members
                            ibf_messages
                            ibf_moderators
                            ibf_polls
                            ibf_stats
                            ibf_titles
                            ibf_topics
                            ibf_tracker
                            ibf_voters
                            ibf_cache_store
                            ibf_forum_perms
                            ibf_topic_mmod
                            ibf_validating;

or you can use these queries:

CODE DELETE FROM ibf_badwords;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_posts;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_calendar_events;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_categories;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_contacts;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_emoticons;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_forums;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_groups;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_members;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_messages;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_moderators;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_polls;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_stats;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_titles;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_topics;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_tracker;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_voters;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_cache_store;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_forum_perms;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_topic_mmod;
                            DELETE FROM ibf_validating;

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              I'm afraid I'm going to have to defer to Jerry on that one. Sorry.

Ok well I started over from scratch. I uploaded the original dump unedited, made a database, and when I try to import to that database using SSH command line I get the following error
                              "ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 82919: Table 'turboop_freeforum.ibf_calendar_events' doesn't exist"
                              Yes, I have created the tables from the list Jerry provided in the TXT file.

ANY IDEAS?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X