• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import ERROR when doing Invisionfree to vbulletin

ok.. im was in putty... entered my data all right and stuff

but after i enter

# mysql -u davidl_invisionf -p davidl_invisionfree < invisionfreedata.sql

i get this

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'davidl_invisionfree.ibf_badwords' doesn't exist
    real name no gimmicks.

Does your database backup include the table structure? If not, you will need to find out the tables and their appropriate structure and fields and create these before importing your backup.

To check if your backup includes the table structure, open the backup file in a text editor wuch as notepad or textedit and look at the first few lines of the file. If it starts with a CREATE line, then the table structure is included in your backup, whereas if it starts with an INSERT line, then this isn't included and your backup contains the data only.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Do NOT import your invision data into vBulletin this way.

Again: DO NOT DO THIS. This screws up your vBulletin installation.

If you have already imported data this way, revert to a backup from vBulletin before you started importing.

Use the import software: ImpEx

You can find impex as a free download in your members area.

Comment

If you are just restoring the IPB database to be able to import from it, then use :

-f

To force the data is and ignore the errors.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...70&postcount=4

The table structure only has the tables that are needed.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X