Big problem after importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big problem after importing

I have changed my phpBB 2.0.21 and use now Vbulletin 3.6.5 in order tu use it in a forum in Spanish.

I imported about 640,000 messages from my old forum. I was happy because the process was fine, but when I configured everything I realised that the information in the forum had changed.

For exemple a sentence like "Qué año..." appears now like "Qué año..."

The information is shown like that in the forum and also in the database.

Every word with spanish letters (accents, ñ, Ñ, ¡,¿, etc) has changed. So it is impossible to search topics with words very common in Spanish.

Dispite this problem the forum is live and working but users are quite frustrated.

Is there a solution for this problem or I should come back to phpBB?

Now when people post every word appears fine, but old posts show those bizarre "é año".

Thank you.
    Last edited by ismapolo; Thu 5 Apr '07, 1:16pm.

This means that the char set was diffrent from the source and the target when you imported, you will have to set it up to be the same then import.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      This means that the char set was diffrent from the source and the target when you imported, you will have to set it up to be the same then import.
      2 questions:

1. How do I do that?
      2. If I re-import, what happens with the messages, users, etc included after the first import? Do they dissapear?

My database has 650 MB

Thank you.

Comment

same problem. So, is it possible to fix (I changed the char set now but without results) or we have do re-do the import?
        Be my guest in my B&B in sicily, on the sea

Comment

As Jerry said:

"you will have to set it up to be the same then import."

Regards,
          Slappy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X