phpBB moved posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB moved posts

In phpBB I had various moved posts with a shadow left in the original location. After using Impex I noticed that all the shadow posts had been converted to real posts, with the original title but no content. They were all dated 1970. Is this what always happens when using Impex to move to vB?

I have no idea what a shadow post is. Is this from a phpBB mod?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No it's a standard feature. What I meant was that it is just a shadow of where the post used to be before it was moved (a link to the post in the new location).

Comment

Oh, I see. I've never rtun into this before with an Import so I don't know if tImpex takes that info consideration or not. My guess is that it doesn't.

I assume the real posts are fine, right?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, the real posts are fine. There are just many duff extra posts that used to be shadows. I'll have to delete everything dated 1970!

Comment

Shadow topics as I understand it are the remains of a moved thread.

The SQL that selects the threads in 1.79 to be imported uses :

"WHERE topic_moved_id=0"

So only the "real" threads are imported.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X