phpbb, VB 3.6 and Post from Hidden Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb, VB 3.6 and Post from Hidden Forums

I have a number of forums that are hidden unless you are a member of the correct group in phpBB. It seems that all the threads in these forums are messed up.

I see the thread but there are no posts. Also, the poster that is listed is not correct either. They are all jumbled up and post dates are like 1969/1970.

My public forums seem to be okay.

Suggestions? I re-ran the Update Counters a few times.
    Last edited by odie3; Sat 24 Mar '07, 2:26pm.

Are you sure you followed all the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

If so, the only thing I can recommend is to clear out the imported data and try again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Pretty sure, since 50% of my forum is okay.

I did:
      Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Thread Information
      Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Forum Information
      [Matter of fact I ran all the Update Counter options 2 times]

Comment

Then I recommend clearing out the imported data and trying again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

doing that now....

Comment

Make sure you are running Impex 1.79.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Also, test making the phpBB2 forums that are private, public before the import I'd be interested to see if that worked, then I could hunt down the private setting in the phpBB2 database.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks guys, I am up and running. After re-running Impex again on Saturday the Private Hidden forum posts came in. Also, when I did it again I shorten the post amount to convert to 200. It took sometime before it completed all posts but at least it got them all!

http://ghostdogs.net/fourms/ [not that you would be able to see my hidden forums...]

The only issues where:
                Avatars did not convert - no biggie.
                Not Attachments from phpBB Attachment MOD [did not expect it to].

Comment

Originally posted by odie3 View Post
                  The only issues where:
                  Avatars did not convert - no biggie.
                  Not Attachments from phpBB Attachment MOD [did not expect it to].
                  ImpEx support both of them, though should of worked, what were the errors ?
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I do not recall and its too late to run it again I guess, since vB is now live.

From what I remember when I first ran the script the "Attachment" showed in red [the part where you check the Database, Step 1]. However, my Attachment MOD is not the one that Acyd Burn created but built from it. It came with Categories hierarchy v2.1.x http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/ as an addon goodie. While its built from/on phpBB Attachment MOD I believe it is some what different. I would doubt you have ever hear of phpBB Categories hierarchy that ptirhiik created.

As for the Avatars, after I ran that it just showed X Errors in the Error column. I ran it a number of times but it always gave X Errors [I did not even notice a message what the error was].

Edit:
                    I suppose I could set up a vB test board [which I really need to do anyways] and run the covert again or perhaps if you really want to see what is going on I can give you access to it once the convert is ready to run. I am willing to help, in case it helps someone else.
                    Last edited by odie3; Tue 27 Mar '07, 1:55pm.

Comment

That's fine, I'll just work though it with the next person that comes across it in testing
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

ah darn I was hoping you would have said yes and there would have been a way to mirage the attachment data to my live vB... its rather said I lost nearly 3 years of attachments... I just assumed there was NO attachment support for phpBB attachment MODs

Comment

Yes, it is in there.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb2

Though if you have already opened the board it can't be retrospectively done.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X