• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry
    replied
    Yes, it is in there.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb2

Though if you have already opened the board it can't be retrospectively done.

Leave a comment:

• odie3
    replied
    ah darn I was hoping you would have said yes and there would have been a way to mirage the attachment data to my live vB... its rather said I lost nearly 3 years of attachments... I just assumed there was NO attachment support for phpBB attachment MODs

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    That's fine, I'll just work though it with the next person that comes across it in testing

Leave a comment:

• odie3
    replied
    I do not recall and its too late to run it again I guess, since vB is now live.

From what I remember when I first ran the script the "Attachment" showed in red [the part where you check the Database, Step 1]. However, my Attachment MOD is not the one that Acyd Burn created but built from it. It came with Categories hierarchy v2.1.x http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/ as an addon goodie. While its built from/on phpBB Attachment MOD I believe it is some what different. I would doubt you have ever hear of phpBB Categories hierarchy that ptirhiik created.

As for the Avatars, after I ran that it just showed X Errors in the Error column. I ran it a number of times but it always gave X Errors [I did not even notice a message what the error was].

Edit:
    I suppose I could set up a vB test board [which I really need to do anyways] and run the covert again or perhaps if you really want to see what is going on I can give you access to it once the convert is ready to run. I am willing to help, in case it helps someone else.
    Last edited by odie3; Tue 27th Mar '07, 12:55pm.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by odie3 View Post
    The only issues where:
    Avatars did not convert - no biggie.
    Not Attachments from phpBB Attachment MOD [did not expect it to].
    ImpEx support both of them, though should of worked, what were the errors ?

Leave a comment:

• odie3
    replied
    Thanks guys, I am up and running. After re-running Impex again on Saturday the Private Hidden forum posts came in. Also, when I did it again I shorten the post amount to convert to 200. It took sometime before it completed all posts but at least it got them all!

http://ghostdogs.net/fourms/ [not that you would be able to see my hidden forums...]

The only issues where:
    Avatars did not convert - no biggie.
    Not Attachments from phpBB Attachment MOD [did not expect it to].

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Also, test making the phpBB2 forums that are private, public before the import I'd be interested to see if that worked, then I could hunt down the private setting in the phpBB2 database.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Make sure you are running Impex 1.79.

Leave a comment:

• odie3
    replied
    doing that now....

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then I recommend clearing out the imported data and trying again.

Leave a comment:

• odie3
    replied
    Pretty sure, since 50% of my forum is okay.

I did:
    Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Thread Information
    Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Forum Information
    [Matter of fact I ran all the Update Counter options 2 times]

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Are you sure you followed all the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

If so, the only thing I can recommend is to clear out the imported data and try again.

Leave a comment:

• odie3
    started a topic phpbb, VB 3.6 and Post from Hidden Forums

phpbb, VB 3.6 and Post from Hidden Forums

I have a number of forums that are hidden unless you are a member of the correct group in phpBB. It seems that all the threads in these forums are messed up.

I see the thread but there are no posts. Also, the poster that is listed is not correct either. They are all jumbled up and post dates are like 1969/1970.

My public forums seem to be okay.

Suggestions? I re-ran the Update Counters a few times.
    Last edited by odie3; Sat 24th Mar '07, 1:26pm.
Working...
X