X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Further down on that page it says:

To remove the import id's use the clean database found at the top of the ImpEx page, as show in the attached images.

Leave a comment:

• Forum Dude
    replied
    Thanks Steve.

I successfully imported one forum. However, in the multiple import part of the manual, it mentioned:

Originally posted by vBulletin Manual
    When you have done an import and are completely finished and wish to do another import you will have to set all these import id's to 0.

This is so that you finalized the data in the board, that is remove its legacy id's so that it permanently becomes part of the target board, after this is done, there is no way back (apart from restoring the back up you made before starting).
    How do I set the id's to 0?

Thanks again if any help is provided!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The source is the data you are importing and the target is the vB you are importing into.

And yes, all the databases should be on the same server.

Leave a comment:

• Forum Dude
    replied
    Thanks. Also, the source would be the one I am trying to import, correct? The target would be the installed vB, correct? Also, would I have to have them both databases (the one already installed, and the one being imported) on the same domain/server? Thank you Steve.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You need to install vB, install Impex, then run each import separately. Please view the multiple import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_multi_import

Leave a comment:

• Forum Dude
    started a topic Test Import - Source/Target

Test Import - Source/Target

Ok, this is my first time using ImpEx, and I am going to be getting used to it for a while, I'm sure. However, I'm really confused.

I set up a test board, and I want to import two databases, one vB and one IPB.

First, do I have to create a DB on the server, for both the IPB and the other? Any information is really, REALLY appreciated.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X